Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy prevents monitor sleep [Ubuntu]

David Ruggles
I'm running Synergy Pro 1.7.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and while the screen saver will start correctly, the monitors will never enter sleep. If I use: [code]xset dpms force standby[/code] to force the monitors in to sleep, they wake up shortly (I haven't measure the specific amount of time) I'm only using graphical configuration and I did go in to "Advanced server settings" and disable "Synchronize screen savers" I don't know if the client versions matter as much to this problem, but I've got three clients, all Windows 10 and all running 1.7.6 also.
  • 3 weeks later...
I just noticed this same issue. The screensaver starts, but Synergy is keeping the monitor from sleeping. I disable system sleep, but I assume it would stop that too. If I stop Synergy, then the monitor will go to sleep. I'm running Synergy 1.7.6 on Linux Mint 18 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) as client, and the server is 1.7.6 on Mac OSX 10.11.4. joe
  • 1 year later...
Brent Harsh

What I notice is that my ubuntu client is having its dpms turned off.  I will enable it manually, and within some time something about synergy comes along and turns it back off.

I had this problem some years ago, then played around with some of the settings and "fixed" it somehow so all four monitors would shut off properly, and now after an upgrade to 1.8.<something> (I'm on 1.8.8 now but think it started a few releases ago) stable it's been doing it again for the past few months.  Very annoying as I watch my two ubunto monitors burn all night long.  Grr.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking a cron job running every minute to enable it again or some such bull.