Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse buttons not working after initial connection

John Payne
I have Synergy 1.7.6 on Windows 10 (server) & Windows 8.1 (client), Swiss-German keyboard. When I boot the server & client, and it doesn't seem to matter which starts first, I find that both mouse buttons are blocked and I have to restart the server. The keyboard works, and mouse-over responds, only the buttons are blocked. It happens every time. Is this known?
Bradley Brecheisen
Also having this issue. Mouse clicks just no longer pass through. Tried to troubleshoot it for a few days, but found no permanent solution. Had to uninstall and go with a working alternative for the moment. Nothing changed in my settings, used it for years across multiple PC/Network solutions. I blame recent MS updates. Hoping a fix is found soon!
John Payne
actually reading my post I maybe wasn't very clear. When I said I had to restart the sever I meant Synergy, not the PC. After that left/right buttons work until the next reboot.
Ralf Grespan
I have the same problems. I've got Windows 10 on both server/client and after booting up both systems initially mouse works fine the first time (even mouse clicks). But when I get back to my server pc and start my vmware workstation I don't get any clicks on my client working. When I close my vm and restart server, then again it works fine (maybe some minutes or hours). Then again it stops working correctly. :( So during a day it stops working correctly several times as long as I restart the server again. Under Windows 7 I never had this problem. Even with Windows 7 (server) and Windows 10 (client) it worked, let's say ok (there I had similar problems but only when clicking on system dialog windows on my client). I hope this issue will be fixed soon!