Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Autostart in Ubuntu Mate

Edward Crosby
Looking to see if anyone knows of a way to autostart Synergy on a client in Ubuntu Mate 16.04 after startup. It's kind of a pain to have to connect a keyboard and mouse to the client machine just to login and start Synergy every time.
Edward Crosby
*BUMP* No one. Does Synegy ever pop in this forum to help with this kind of stuff? I had considered purchasing the Pro version but I am a little hesitant if I can't get proper Linux support.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynergyHowto I just followed this guide to set it up on Linux Mint 18, which is based on Ubuntu. The first thing you need to know is what login manager is being used. For example, LM18 uses MDM. So in the guide, everywhere it referenced /etc/gdm/xxxxx, I had to use /etc/mdm/xxxxxx. Offhand, I don't know if Ubuntu Mate 16.04 uses gdm or not. It could be gdm, xdm, or mdm (or possibly even something else). It works fine. Synergy starts up, and I can use it to login, then it basically stops Synergy, loads the desktop session, and restarts it again. joe
Edward Crosby
[quote="Joe Neal"]https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynergyHowto I just followed this guide to set it up on Linux Mint 18, which is based on Ubuntu. The first thing you need to know is what login manager is being used. For example, LM18 uses MDM. So in the guide, everywhere it referenced /etc/gdm/xxxxx, I had to use /etc/mdm/xxxxxx. Offhand, I don't know if Ubuntu Mate 16.04 uses gdm or not. It could be gdm, xdm, or mdm (or possibly even something else). It works fine. Synergy starts up, and I can use it to login, then it basically stops Synergy, loads the desktop session, and restarts it again. joe[/quote] Aces! That worked. Thanks so much Joe. Mate uses LightDM. I got it working.