Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problems with PhotoShop

Dale Sarver
I'm not sure how or why this suddenly started happening - maybe someone can shed some light. I've used synergy and photoshop both with no problem for quite some time. A couple of days ago my 4 year old decided to "help" me with my programming. He mashed on the keyboard for a while, and had some fun. Since then I could not use my mouse inside photoshop. I thought there was a glitch in photoshop so I reinstalled - still not working. Turned off synergy, and Voila. What did he do???
Lutz Kortmann
I Have the same problem, photoshop CS4 + CS5 don't receive mouse move events. Sometimes if server and client is connected, all mouse and keyboard events be totally blocked. In this state only reboot via power switch on reset helps. Keyboard and mouse is cordless, Cherry Ghostcord. Is Synery not running works mouse and keyboard perfect.
ROCHE LUCAS
Hi all, I have the same issue with Photoshop and Illustrator CC & CS6. I work on a Windows virtual machine and when i kill Synergy process, Adobe work perfectly. But i need synergy to switch both linux and windows :|
Michael D Wailes
I have had the same issues that others are reporting -- when Synergy is running I lose all use of click-and-drag inside of Adobe products. I thought the issue was with Adobe and spent a couple of hours on the phone with Adobe Tech Support. We figured out it was Synergy causing the issues. I actually uninstalled the latest version (of Synergy) and installed a previous version and that seemed to correct the issue. But lately, the problem has returned. Not only am I losing click-and-drag functionality, but sometimes when I launch Photoshop it instantly kills Synergy. So strange and so frustrating. :oops:
Rick Goodrow
have to add to this as well. I use Photoshop on a daily bases, so until this particular bug is resolved, Synergy is useless to me. While Synergy is running, I have full control back and forth to clients, however Photoshop / Illustrator fail to receive held down click events. Whereas within Photoshop if you click/hold on a tool, and it displays the other tool options, with the synergy server running, this fails to happen.
Carl Going
I've had this problem as well (as synergy auto starts as host), however, simply restarting synergy fixes the issues immediatly. I have a silly start up batch file now that kills and relaunches synergy on boot, so I never see this problem again.