Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple connects/disconnects after client reboot

Ken Rider
Synergy: 1.8.0-beta-4ff3cdd (but the same with 1.7.6) Server: Windows 10 64-bit Client: Windows 7 64-bit Every time I reboot my client I go through this same scenario. Synergy works on the client after logging in. A minute or two after starting my work VPN on the client it quits working. The Synergy log says the server is dead and it times out connecting to it. At some point, it will start working again, then quit again, then start again; over and over. Eventually though it will start working and continue working until I reboot again. I've tried stopping the client and the server and the services on both machines in a variety of orders but nothing seems to work. I don't believe this is a firewall issue as it eventually works without making any changes to the firewalls on either box. I've tried turning on debug logging on the client but don't see anything obvious is the log file. Does anyone have any ideas on how to figure this out?
  • 4 weeks later...

This continues to happen every time I reboot the client. (It's a good thing I don't reboot it often.) I'm now running 1.8.2-stable-36cd521. (The latest release as of a few weeks ago.) I still get the same issue. I reboot the client. Synergy works. I connect to my company VPN using the AT&T Global Network Client. Synergy continues to work for a while but then quits. I restart Synergy (service and client) on the client PC and it starts working again. Then it stops. Then it starts. This continues for a few more times then it starts and continues working until the next reboot.

I could really use some help here. I love Synergy when it works but this is ridiculous. :x :evil: