Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy Paste not working between Windows 10 machines

Brad Beachum
I'm new to using Synergy so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to get copy/paste or drag and drop to work between host and client or vise versa. It will say something like grabbed clipboard from <client> to <server> in the log, but when I go to paste nothing happens with ctrl+v or using the mouse right-click context menu.
Theodore Berg-rooper
It's working for me between Client to Server, but not vice-versa. Super annoying, that's why I bought this software.
Todd McLain

I'm running 1.8.2.

Text:

I can copy/paste text from any combination of machines (I have three Windows 10 PCs).

Image Data:

I *can't* copy/paste images (Snipping Tool, copy). It just pastes the text from my earlier test.

Drag/Drop:

I *can't* drag/drop a file from one machine to another.

I'll turn on logging and see what it says. More to come.

-Todd

Todd McLain

When I try to copy/paste from Snipping Tool on PCA0371 (client) and then move to Pavilion (server):

[2016-08-16T12:30:27] INFO: screen "PCA0371" grabbed clipboard 0 from "Pavilion"

[2016-08-16T12:30:27] INFO: screen "PCA0371" grabbed clipboard 1 from "Pavilion"

[2016-08-16T12:30:34] INFO: switch from "PCA0371" to "Pavilion" at 1598,257

[2016-08-16T12:30:34] INFO: entering screen

I see what you mean. Copy is grabbing the clipboard from the server and not the machine that has the focus (client).

However when I copy/paste text - nothing is working now. No combination of copy/pastes from either client or server. It's confused somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue, I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 and have a Win7 machine running alongside. I can copy and paste from the Win7 machine to the Win10, but not the other way around, I can't copy from Win10 to Win7 which is causing me a real headache as that's more important

Alberto Cantin

I have same problem here. I cant copy from client and paste in server. But i can copy from server and paste in client. I just copy plain text. Server and client is windows 10 64 bits.