Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Update Available

Tim Higham
Its great that there is an update every other week however this process means: [list]Log in to site Download Install Re-register Run setup[/list:u] This is extremely clumsy and can do nothing but slowdown uptake of updates. The program is so lightweight that surely it would take 1/2 hr to implement an 'update now' on run like most apps do ?
+1 this please! Great idea! Been hoping this for awhile! Even an "auto update" selection if this feature is implemented would be amazing. I use Synergy between a server PC and a main PC, and manually update sucks.
  • 2 months later...

+1 Here also. I love what synergy does and how things are progressing however I wince when I see a new one arrive because it means I have to manually updating all 4 of my machines and plugging a keyboard in each as I go.

I'm definitely keen to see an auto-update or a means of updating that allows for Synergy to keep running while I update and kick in with the new version on start up next time. Having to shut the app down, install/drop drag and restart the app is clunky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

+1 on this idea. Background silent update has been around and a standard feature for most of the software today, I shouldn't need to go through the whole installation process all over again every time a patch x.x.1 is released.

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Brooke

I would +1 this as well

Rather annoying that to do an update we have to go through the installation process again - Always a hand on heart moment on my client machine as I don't use a keyboard or mouse attached to that unit at all should anything go wrong with the installation!