Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy shows "Synergy Trial" - Not Responding

Bruce Linker

After installing Synergy 1.82. My server says, "Synergy Trial" in the caption bar, and my client says "Synergy Pro". However, both have "Not Responding" in the caption as well when I click on anything to try and get a status or do a menu command. Both have "Start" showing on the button below as if they are not started yet, however the Synergy service is already started on both the Server and Client.

It is as if I am having port problems connecting to authenticate my Synergy - but I am able to access any and all websites.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Bruce

Avishay Rapp

Hey Bruce,

Try doing the following just to test out this issue.

(Assuming) both are Windows machines, disable the Anti-Virus software TEMPORARILY and try to launch Synergy again.

Usually what happens and in 90% of the time the "Not Responding" issue means something with a higher access level has blocked the service in a execution level.

That means that even if the service runs it might not able to actually start because something is managing it.

Please reply to my answer so I know I was able to help you out.

Even if it did not, I will try to help again.

Avishay.

Bruce Linker

Hi Avishay,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately disabling the antivirus software had no effect. I even tried disabling my firewall with no effect.

I have reinstalled 1.82 and even rolled back to 1.75. I have eradicated anything I can find having to do with Synergy from my system and registry and then reinstalled and I still get the same "Not Responding" condition a few seconds after it launches.

I have been running Synergy for several years now and have never had a problem with it. I have a new Gateway modem from Xfinity for better speed, but everything else is working perfectly fine. I have checked for port blocking and have made sure all ports are open.

I actually got Synergy working somehow a few days ago, but just today it started acting up again.

Any ideas? I really miss having Synergy working.

Thanks!

Bruce

Avishay Rapp

Hey Bruce,

I got an idea that might work.

Check to see if your new gateway / router has a UPnP option, if it does, enable it.

This is what caused havoc on my network until I figured it out.

UPnP will automatically enables the internal ports to open up when needed.

Let me know how that works out!

Avishay.

Bruce Linker

Hi Avishay,

I checked my Gateway and UPnP was already enabled.

One other thing to note, my wife is also using Synergy for her computers - successfully. So it seems to be something going on with my desktop computer which is used as the server.

Bruce