Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No mouse after screen lock windows 10 client

Glenn Newell

Using 1.8.2-stable-36cd521

Windows 7 64 bit server

Windows 10 64 bit client

After a windows 7 screen lock (lock screens are synchronized) the mouse doesn't show on the windows 10 client, although the client does show the mouse entering and leaving the screen.

Restarting server and client doesn't help.

Suggestions?

Same here with Win 2012 R2 (running as Synergy server) and Win 10 (before also with Win7) Client when locking the server. No mouse anymore on the lockscreen of the server. This happens often but not always. Not sure if this has something to do with on which machine the mouse pointer was last.

Then, I open Synergy on the client (fortunately this is a notebook where I still have a trackpad), click Apply and the issue is resolved. But it is still anoying.

Daniel

I've found that if the mouse cursor is on the client machine and the server locks you'll lose control of the pointer on the server. I suspect this is due to the different context that the lock screen runs in. Its not bothered me enough to fiddle with it but I suspect that putting synergy in elevated mode might help. I have a laptop as my client so I just use the mouse pointer there to stop synergy temporarily, this returns the pointer to the server and I'm able to unlock and then restart the client.

Same issues here. When the server screen is locked, the mouse seems to be fine as long as you don't move it off the edge of the server's screen (as though you were navigating to one of the client screens). As soon as you do that, the mouse freezes and is lost.

The only workaround I've found thus far is to remote desktop into the server (which in my case is a Windows 7 Pro workstation), then stop/restart Synergy on the server. Then it resets the mouse and I can then login on the server machine directly.

-Chris

I have a similar problem.

If my Windows computer is Locked, and I accidentally move the cursor off the side of the screen to my Mac, I can't bring it back. I have to stop the Synergy client on the Mac then my Windows cursor comes back again.

I'm running Synergy v1.7.6 at this time.

I am having the same issue but with both the mouse and keyboard. This is on Windows 7 Professional (one x64 and the other x32). Soon as the server is locked I lose mouse over to the client. If I hit (apply) or restart service on either machine I get back mouse/keyboard.

If I'm away from my PC for some time (about 20+ mins) I come back to no mouse or keyboard on either server or client. Thankfully I have a second KB/Mouse attached to the client so that allows me to log back in and restart Synergy. This is enough of an issue that I can't use Synergy on a day to day basis.

Glenn Newell

I'm still having issues with the Win10 client after upgrading to Synergy 1.8.3 (client and server)

It makes synergy almost unusable as I can't figure out how to get the mouse back short of a reboot of the windows 10 client machine.

Can we at least get some acknowledgement that this is a bug and being tracked?

Glenn Newell

OK, I think I accidentally stumbled upon a "fix". Hopefully this will lead to real fix in the code.

This is repeatable on my setup:

windows 7 enterprise 64 bit server

Windows 10 home 64 bit client

1) lock windows 7 screen

2) unlock windows 7 screen - mouse is now invisible (but working) on the client

3) On the client, stop and start the client

4) On the server, click help then about (but don't close the about dialog)

5) Mouse is now visible on client again.

6) Now you can close the help dialog on the server

The third time through the above steps it didn't seem to take right away, but after going back and forth a couple of times, then wiggling the help dialog around a bit, the mouse became visible again, so perhaps I don't have all the conditions/steps fully understood yet, but hopefully this will help.

I have the same problem. I am using a Windows 10 Server and a Mac OS 10.11 Client. If the Server screen locks and the client is unlocked and you move the mouse off the server then you can never move the mouse back to the server. The only work around I have found is quit Synergy on the client and then the mouse will return to the server and I can log in.

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew Wright

Still suffering with this myself, was hopeful it would get fixed in a forthcoming update.

Just thought I would share an alternative work around for other users affected in the same way.

Rather than stopping and restarting the synergy service on the client machine, you can simply interrupt the network connection. Either by pulling out the Ethernet lead or turning off the wifi on one of the 2 machines.

After a few seconds the server will then timeout with its client connection and give you control of your mouse once more.

You can then plug the network lead back in again and resume standard synergy control once more.

Andy