Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows Lock screen focus makes connection drop

raphael audet

Hi

I'm running Linux master (debian jessie, gnome3), Windows 10 client, running 1.8.3 pro, with ssl.

Synergy works but my client gets disconnected everytime I click on windows lock screen to enter password. Should I change something to avoid getting disconnected like this ?

ps : I also recently lost the ability to lock the windows client with win+L

• 3 weeks later...
Benjamin s Weigand

I'm seeing a similar issue. I'm running 1.8.4-stable-a6ff907 with a Win10 (Anniversary Update) host and an OS X 10.12.1 client over ssl.

If I lock my windows screen (using "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation"), and lock my Mac (Keychain Toolbar -> Lock Screen), when I return to my workstation, I'm unable to use the mouse/keyboard on the Windows system at all unless I reboot (hard reboot, since I have limited/no control on the windows desktop).

The work-around I'm using is to stop Synergy on both hosts prior to locking either screen, which is a minor pita. Occasionally, after unlocking both systems and restarting synergy, I experience frequent connection drops after this. The only cure for the dropped connections is to reboot one/both systems (medium or major pita depending on how much setup is required for the project I'm working on).

raphael audet

I've updated the 1.8.4, the issue doesnt happen so often, maybe a windows update fixed something.

Still happens a couple times per day, I'll try to make an MO for this

• 4 weeks later...
Jason Graves

I'm seeing the same problem whenever Windows 10 prompts for administrative rights or permissions. The connection drops. I have a hotkey setup specifically for this. When this happens it switches my connection automatically back to my main machine (Arch Linux), then I have to wait a few seconds, hit the hot key combo then the connection will be restored back to the Windows 10 machine.