Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cursor disappears and freezes when moving to Mac client

Michael Wong

I have had a problem ever since upgrading to Sierra (both server and client).

My mouse cursor intermittently disappears when moving from Server to Client. When it disappears my log window says "Cursor may not be visible" and it will freeze. (Ie, no cursor on either screen for up to 15-20 seconds). I discovered that if I turn off clipboard sharing the problem goes away so it seems to be related to the Clipboard sharing feature.

• 3 weeks later...
Steven Shead

It seems I have the same problem - mouse freezes, then when it 'unfreezes' takes its time to reconnect. I hadn't tried turning off the clipboard sharing though - going to try that now, and will post back here.

*UPDATE* - I can confirm that switching off clipboard sharing stopped the issue.

Bhupendra Patel

Unfortunately, disabling clipboard sharing hasn't fixed it for me. This is my problem:

a) After the update to Sierra, Synergy was a little less stable and problematic

b) After the Mac OS 10.12.1 update a few days ago, my Mac client has been completely unusable. The cursor will go over to the Mac, but then it just sticks there and wobbles/vibrates and difficult to return back to Win 10 PC (Synergy Server)

Edited by Guest
Sander Decuyper

I just bought Synergy and I'm experiencing the same thing. Every couple of times, it dissapears on the client and it takes 10 seconds or so to reconnect.

Michael Richards

I've got this too. Would someone at Synergy PLEASE FUCKING respond to your own forum?!?!? Looking over many threads I see someone from the company reply to something every couple of weeks. Sad support for a paid product...

Sander Decuyper

Yeah, to make it even worse, everytime I'm in photoshop and I go to the other mac, photoshop freezes up for about 10 seconds.

I'm not gonna use this. I would like a refund for something that costs 19 dollars and barely works.

Enrique C. Collazo

i think i got it to work consistently (mac-to-mac) by deselecting autoconfig on the client and entering the server IP manually. This should be a good debugging clue for the devs.

Sander Decuyper
i think i got it to work consistently (mac-to-mac) by deselecting autoconfig on the client and entering the server IP manually. This should be a good debugging clue for the devs.

Trying it out as we speak. If it works, you're the hero Symless needs.

Sander Decuyper

Just a quick update on this issue.

For me, it seems to have been resolved by doing the following:

- Turn off clipboard sharing (and basically everything that had a checkbox in that list in the server settings menu)

- Save my server configuration to a .conf file and use that (otherwise it would sporadically turn clipboard sharing back on)

- Turn off auto config on the client side (just put in the server IP manually)

Don't forget to apply/restart both services. Hope this can help others!

• 2 months later...
Caleb McDonald

I have to say I have this exact same issue, and have resolved it exactly the same as previous post suggest, disabling clipboard and manually setting IP address for client (rather than auto config).

macOS 10.12.3

Synergy Pro 1.8.7

• 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Thanks to everyone for sharing the workaround. Interesting that disabling the clipboard fixes the mouse disappearing issue. I'll make sure we take a look at this when fixing the clipboard issues.

Mark Levitt

Hi,

Just to add to the data, I have the same issue where the cursor disappears. I am running both the client and the server on macOS Sierra (10.12.3) and disabling clipboard sharing solves the problem.

EDIT: Forgot to mention both machines are running 1.8.8-stable

• Nick Bolton unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

July 2017 and this issue still exists.  Having to turn of major functionality (clipboard share and file transfer) to get it to work is not good.