Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse Connects, Keyboard connects...sometimes.

Aaron Arlotti

I've been having this problem for a month or so. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, completely wiped out all settings and started over, etc.

I have a Windows 10 PC that is the Server. I have an Ubuntu 15.10 machine that is the client. While the mouse will switch back and forth with no issues, the keyboard does not switch consistently. Sometimes it will, sometimes it will not. If I leave the Synergy window open, it seems to connect correctly. If I open Steam, it makes it worse.

If they keyboard gets stuck on Windows, I move the mouse back and forth until I see the following error and then it will work again:

DEBUG: dropped bogus delta motion: +0,+0

I uninstalled 1.83 this morning and installed 1.84 on both machines but I am still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Eben M Haber

I've been seeing a similar problem with a pair of Mac's, with both v 1.8.3 and 1.8.4. The keyboard gets 'stuck' on the machine to which the keyboard is attached. The mouse moves fine to the other machine, but any typing stays on the original machine.

I am also having the same issue with Mac Server and a Linux client.

1.8.2 was working for me without crypto support.

I didn't try 1.8.3 and with 1.8.4 I also turned on the crypto support.

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI, I was having challenges connecting and could not figure out why. When I finally got down to it, one computer was connecting to Internet though WiFi on phone and another was connecting to Internet through cable WiFi. When I got them on the same network to the Internet life was good. Just an idea.

• 4 weeks later...
John Kramer

I've noticed this issue showing up lately as well. Now this morning I cannot get the keyboard to work at all on the client machine.

I've updated both copies of Synergry to 1.8.7 and it's still happening. I've also tried changing from my existing config file to config interactively with no change.

I've noticed this issue showing up lately as well. Now this morning I cannot get the keyboard to work at all on the client machine.

I've updated both copies of Synergry to 1.8.7 and it's still happening. I've also tried changing from my existing config file to config interactively with no change.

John - for some strange reason, killing Chrome browser on my server fixed this issue.