Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Setup Ending prematurly

Thomas Fort

This release install script still ends "prematurely". No other hints as to what/where the issue is. A more useful error message sure would be nice. Or at the very least some code that can be sent back to synergy development. I've read your forums and googled the issue. The consensus seems to be to remove all traces of the previous version(s), both on the hard drive and in the register. Easier said than done with out any further guide. I really want to use your product, even payed for it; (Mouse without Borders is ancient and has its flaws). However, if the install script will not run, Synergy becomes pretty much useless. Is it possible to get an official written guide on how to remove previous installs? Specifics as to what folders and registry keys. Or, even better yet, a script that will clean this up for us? That would be the most professional solution. fyi .... I am running windows 10 and windows 8 enterprise. Thank you!

I am running two laptops with Windows 10 and 1 extended screen ... if I remove the extended screed it works but then I don't have the nice big screen ... bit of a pain in the proverbial wish they would release a properly tested bug free version. I also paid for it!

Thomas Fort

Well, as odd as this may sound, I decided to try this. I too have the exact same configuration. Unplugged the second monitor, and, voila'. It installed on my main PC. Which it the win8 enterprise box. Still no luck on the win10 box. So, i rebooted both machines and now it installs on both. Turn on the additional monitor and all works. Dont know how well yet. But, at least installed. Even managed to find my old config files from somewhere.

I do want to stress. This is nuts! Maybe I should have stood on one foot and touched an ear while installing/ Sarcasm of course! Please Synergy team, incorporate better exception handling. More descriptive error texts. Installation instructions. and maybe even a debug option that turns on a trace we can send you.

Thanks,

tom