Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.2 crashes when OS X 10.7 client connects

Jay Imerman
I have 64-bit Windows server, OS X 10.10 client, OS X 10.7 client. I start up the server, connect 10.10 client, all works great. Then I connect 10.7 client. In 1.7.1, the 10.7 client simply failed to connect. Now, it fails to connect, but the Windows server crashes (Synergy app on Windows hangs, and service is not responding). I have to kill the processes and restart, then I can reconnect the 10.10 client. Looks like yet another bug. Let me know if and how you need me to collect debugging or log info.
Jay Imerman
Some more info. On the OS X 10.10 client, eventually after a couple of hours Synergy stopped responding to mouse transitions, and the local cursor appeared. Launching the Synergy control app did not work, and I force quit Synergy and Synergyc. Restarting them produced strange results - when I mouse off the server to the OS X 10.10 client, the server has 2 monitors and the client is off to the right of the 2nd (right) monitor. When I mouse off the right edge of the right monitor, the mouse appeared in the center of the first (left) monitor on the server - I see a message on the Synergy app on the client that the mouse entered, but I can never mouse over to it because it reappears in the center of the server. This is what I see on the Server. Stop/Start on the Server did not correct the issue: INFO: switch from "SERVER" to "OSX10.10CLIENT" at 0,97 INFO: leaving screen NOTE: client "OSX10.10CLIENT" has disconnected ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown INFO: jump from "OSX10.10CLIENT" to "SERVER" at 800,450 INFO: entering screen NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: client "OSX10.10CLIENT" has connected
Jay Imerman
UPDATE: Thanks to the post [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=127&p=573#p410[/url] by David Devereaux-Weber, I found that disabling SSL on server/clients solves the crashing problem.