Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Configure Network Interfaces

Nathan Farrar

Hello!

I've been a synergy pro user since it was offered. I absolutely love it, it's by far one of the most valuable applications (for me) in existence. One of the features I would really love to see implemented is the ability to specify which network interfaces synergy uses. A little more context about this:

• I use synergy to control three computers at once.
  • At any given time, each of these computers have at least two network connections.
  • The network connections are for my home office network, my home network, and various work networks.
  • If those boxes are connected to the same work network, sometimes synergy will automatically use that network instead of my home office network (which is the fastest and the only one I would prefer it use)

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Nathan Farrar

Just curious if there's any possibility of this getting implemented. This would be extremely helpful to me. Just to re-clarify:

• Systems are connected to multiple networks.
  • There is a specific network that synergy should use. It's local, very fast, and built for synchronization between my office systems.
  • There are several work networks that are not private and much slower - synergy should not use these.

Additionally, some of these systems are laptops that I take on the road with me. When synergy automatically starts up on boot, it'll try to look for the server using any available internet connection. This is also something I would like to avoid - essentially if the specific network interface that I use for local synchronization isn't available, I'd like a way to tell synergy **not** to just use whatever connection is available.

There are several ways this could be configured:

• An option that tells synergy what order to use hardware adapters in, with the option to completely disable some.
  • An option that tells synergy it should only use specific subnets or network ranges.