Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client, Server....Server, Client

Dominick Gallegos
Hi Everyone, I was quick to update to 1.7.2 when it was announced and I'm noticing that my Win 8.1.1 - Laptop can no longer function as my Server. Meaning, Synergy somehow will not connect or even allow the mouse and keyboard to move across displays as it once did in previous builds. If I switch my desktop to a server and the laptop to be the client, everything connects just fine and can share my the mouse and keyboard of my desktop PC. My laptop is a domain registered machine and has the firewall turned on with matching exceptions on both machines. What gives? [attachment=0]Laptop_Win8.1.1_Server.png[/attachment]
Dominick Gallegos
Weird, so I uninstalled/reinstalled....twice. The second time, I cleaned the registry and other remaining info on the C: drive. After that the second installation, it was seamless and connected almost immediately. Looking back, the only reason my very first installation of 1.7.2 failed was after I enabled SSL.....and after going through all that I'm reluctant to enable it again, at least in the short-term.