Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Gesture Support for Magic Mouse and Trackpad on Mac client

• 2 months later...

I wish I had seen this before purchasing. Only a non Mac user can struggle to understand the need for gestures on a Mac.
It's like operating a Windows computer without mouse buttons.

• Like 1

Adding myself to this topic... this is not clarified upfront and it should be. Can we get an updated status or at least a clarification if this feature made it into the 2020 roadmap? and if so, is there a target quarter for it?

I'd imagine, Mac OS users would be the most of the paying customers for the app :), and hence support for mac gestures would be fast to come.

AUssieMate

Just purchased... Disappointed to now learn that gestures aren't supported... Teleport supports them but has it's own issues... Guess I'll keep looking for a complete solution...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not That McFly

Not being able to three-finger swipe left and right on the trackpad prevents things like Spaces in Mac OS from working usefully so please could you give us an indication of if and when this might be included in Synergy please @Nick Bolton ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
raphprobably

I'm all for this feature as well, this would be great!  I was hoping for some sort of collab with Synergy and BetterTouchTool.  If _that_ were to happen, that would be my ultimate dream combination.

• Like 1
Richard John Allen

According to this week's news about Synergy 3, scheduled for release in 2023, this is a targeted feature but there is still a caveat that they don't know whether this is even technically possible.  After logging this in 2016, now waiting for a possible in 2023....it's disappointing.  Doesn't look as if anyone in the development team is a big Mac user or trying to use this on 2 Macs for their everyday work as they would soon realise that  Macs without gestures are really very limited....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Came here to add my bump. I really love the utility this app provides for my Mac 2 Mac setup. However, this is a daily annoyance.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just bought Pro and disappointed to find this. I hope the return policy is good, and I can find another software to do this. On the other hand, learning keyboard shortcuts has been fun.

BUMP

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure how useful an additional +1 on this will be, but it really would be a killer feature if you added it. Also better support for when one of the machines has multiple monitors would be really useful.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

+1 on this one. I am about to uninstall. The use of Magic Trackpad on two Macs simultaneously is the main reason for why I purchased Synergy in the first place. Very angry to find out the lack of gesture support, now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Vishal Goel

Hi, I have been a regular synergy user for the last almost 10 years. And I have deeply benefited from this tool and continue to be a fan.

I am reaching out to register my wish to receive gesture propagation as a feature in the project.

Hope we can see this in a version soon.

Thanks for the great work.

• Guest locked this topic