Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Specify a specific monitor in synergyc

Lee Brotherston

Lee Brotherston

Apologies if this is a ridiculous suggestion, I'm not aware of the internals of Synergy so I could be suggesting something which is way bigger than I think it is. That said...

It would be really useful if synergyc could be configured to attach a specific monitor (in the case of multi monitor systems) when it connects to synergys.

This achieves 2 possible goals:

- Instead of having to navigate a couple of screens, you can jump straight to the display that you wanted to access

- By using multiple synergyc's on a host you can have more complex display layouts in synergys (e.g. host1.display1 to the left and host1.display2 to the right of the servers own display)

Bryan Gibson

I second this request. I would like to be able to mix my monitor setup so that I can have a Windows machine with multiple monitors with an iMac mixed in.

Example: Windows Laptop/Monitor 1 - Monitor 2 - iMac - Monitor 3

• 1 month later...
Mingye Zhu

Also bumping this. I did a search on the forums and it seems like this has been suggested in the past as well. I'm running synergy across 4 devices and it would be nice to arrange it based on displays for at least three of the machines rather by device only.

Ideally, I'd love to have my laptop and tablet set up under my main machine monitor 1 and monitor 2 respectively, rather than having the laptop set to be left of only desktop, or left of only tablet.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I have a computer setup with two monitors and three monitors mounted to a wall with a dedicated PC for each. It would be nice for the program to recognize that the main computer has two monitors.

• 3 weeks later...
capecutterman

"It would be nice for the program to recognize that the main computer has two monitors. "

My Synergy install recognizes that the main PC has 2 monitors.  Haven't done anything special to allow this (but I am running DispplayFusion).

Mac