Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse looses control at edge of monitor

Joe Scharbrough

Joe Scharbrough

Running version 1.8.5 on Windows 10 pro 64Gb ram I7 cpu

Server is a laptop with 2 monitors to the left and I have two clients, one on each side for a total of 5 screens. When I get to within about 2 inches of the right edge of the actual laptop screen I loose control of the mouse, it just jumps around. If I push the mouse it will jump over to the client on the right

Not sure why this would be happening. All pc's are on Ethernet so no wifi issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Cyrus Elder

When you get to the edge if you move the mouse slowly does it work like normal?

I've been having what sounds like the same issue, the pointer will basically bounced against the edge of the screen and if you keep scrolling towards that edge it eventually will pop on the other screen. I find if I move the mouse slowly it switches screens every time. Annoying but I put up with it.

Joe Scharbrough

No, dead corners is not enabled.

It does not matter if I move slow or fast I lose control of the mouse at about 1.5 inched from the right edge of the laptop screen. If I have a program open in that screen I can not hit the red x to close the window. I have to drag the program over so the edge is now in the middle of the screen. Very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Brashear

I have the same issue on 1.8.6. Two clients - both connected to the server via Ethernet. Dead corners are not enabled.

I've noticed that it only bounces when going from the server to a client. I can move freely between then clients and back to the server.

If I move slowly from the server to a client, it does switch more smoothly.

The bouncing doesn't always happen, but when it does, the server is logging the following (which doesn't get logged when there's no bounce):

[2016-12-18T23:39:04] INFO: convert image from: depth=32 comp=3

[2016-12-18T23:39:04] INFO: bitmap: 2560x1440 32