Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows 10 - can connect but issues entering screen

I have two machines. Both 64 bit Windows 10 Pro. Neither have had the version 1607 update yet. Running Synergy 1.8.5 on both machines. Server resolution is 1920x1200. Client is 1920x1080. I've tried with matching resolutions as well.

Client is configured to the left of the server. Client can connect to the server without issue with or without SSL. However, when trying to navigate left to the client the mouse "bounces" right about 200px from the left edge of the screen. The log on both client and server get a bunch of INFO entries with "entering screen" and "leaving screen". On the server there is also a pair of entries with coordinates each time I touch the left hand side of the screen.

For example the following is generated by each touch of the left hand side of the screen:

[2016-12-06T19:18:00] INFO: switch from "SERVER" to "CLIENT" at 1919,814

[2016-12-06T19:18:00] INFO: leaving screen

[2016-12-06T19:18:00] INFO: switch from "CLIENT" to "SERVER" at -1757,1023

[2016-12-06T19:18:00] INFO: entering screen

Interestingly, if I go to the very bottom left of the server and try to move left, I don't get the bounce and the pointer seems to hover over the 1st pixel of the show desktop button in the taskbar because if I click, all windows on the client are minimized. Click again and they're back.

I've attached a short video of the behavior. Any ideas?

SynergyBounce.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Philip Hebert

Have you verified that 1) Both systems are using the same version of Synergy -and- 2) That neither one is running more than one instance of the program?

I have come across this at times. I just restart the service and it works fine. Normally I run into this after Alt-Tabbing in and out of a full-screen game.