Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple Server IPs, one that is not mine

I upgraded to the latest release (1.8.6) today and started it up as usual. I now notice that there are 2 IPs listed as my servers IP. Please see attached screenshot. The 192.x address is my internal IP, but 169.x is not, and resolves to a whole different country from my location. Because of this I stopped sharing and closed out the app.

Since I never noticed this until now I wanted to ask the forum if they know what this is and why it is there.

I am always very careful with my computer use / virus protection / what is running and installed. So if this is something that is just part of the application and has always been there... well I can not see that being the case.

Thank you in advance.

** UPDATE **

The issue I reported here was a mistake on my end... I fat fingered the IP when initially searching. I can now confirm the second IP address listed is that of a business in which I had installed Synergy 1 time and never used. But I still have questions..

- How am I seeing 2 IPs? Are they associated to your account?

- That second IP is the external IP of the business network and not the internal IP that is used by that computer. Why would that external IP have been saved/stored?

- Is there a way to remove them? Maybe just a configuration file that can be edited?

I will assume there is a logical answer here. Since I never started up my home computer on that 169.x network I would just like to know how I am seeing it on my home computer.

2016-12-16-syngergyserver.png.a6633a1ab53c035a714463120393cbd5.png

Edited by Guest

Also, the visible logs in the screenshot show that ASUS-STEALTH is trying to connect, connecting, and disconnecting. I am having trouble on my remote computer actually establishing a connection but I want to better understand the second IP before trying to address any connection issues.