Hello! đŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't type "@" using osx as server and Ubuntu as client.

Anders Cedronius
The 'normal' way to get a @ character on my mac is to press alt+2 however when holding down alt the menu bar gets selected in ubuntu and is then expecting the user to press the character underlining the menu bar item. Even though we're just a couple of millions using weird Swedish keyboards there must be a solution? Thanks for helping, /Anders.
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anders, is the Alt key behavior occurring throughout Ubuntu or just with certain programs when they are active? Usually, you can turn off this behavior in the program (by making the menu bar always-visible). - Brian
Marc-André Gasser
Same here: having OSX as server and CentOS as client. The server has a Swiss German OSX Keyboard. When I open the "Show Keyboard Layout" utility on Linux, I figured out the the alt-gr key is not working. I can press control L or alt L, both is function as a Super L same with control R and alt L, they also push Super L anyone knows a solution to map the alt contrl and super keys from a osx server to a linux system?
  • 5 years later...

The same still (!) happens with a Linux server and Windows client, both using 1.14.0 stable. I have the same effect as @Marc-André Gasser: the Windows on-screen keyboard shows when I press shift, ctrl or alt key, but it does not show pressing alt-gr.This is pretty annoying, as the @ symbol (typed this with the on-screen keyboard... *sic) is quite important.

• 3 months later...

For the following solution is working:

OSX : Synergy Server 1.14.1 stable

Windows: Client

Mapping:
ALT -> Super
Super -> ALT

@  is accessible via (left) strg+alt+q in Windows Client

Edited by Bjoern