Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't launch server even after reinstalling

I had synergy running on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) just fine. At some point I changed my iMacs client name (via System Preferences > Sharing) and Synergy would stop working properly, because it was stuck at the old .local name no matter what I did it would somehow insist on using that old host name.

After a few tries to fix things it entirely stopped launching. I can see the icon pop-up in the dock for a split second, but it closes again, pops-up again, closes again… over and over.

I tried to uninstall it removing the app and all other folders it created in the system, but I must be overlooking something, because once I freshly downloaded the latest version and ran it no setup was popping up and it must be reading some hidden preferences file that I'm not aware of, it still insists on the old host name (I change back the Mac's host name for a while launched it, it worked kind of, and tried to change the host name, but no luck). Changing the host name again and trying to run it after that would again result in Synergy being stuck in a launch-crash-cycle as described above.

Is there any hidden settings/preferences file that Synergy is using that I should be aware of?

How can I force it to run the installer/setup again (and hopefully fix everything)?

• 4 weeks later...