Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Clipboard fails to paste traversing dual displays

Roberto Silva
Have 2 displays on my server computer, if I copy something from my right monitor and go left past my left monitor and then enter my left computer and try to paste, there is nothing in the clipboard to paste. If I copy data into clipboard on left monitor and go left to my left computer (client computer) paste from clipboard works OK. Seems like a bug where traversing monitors on same computer into another computer fails to carry the data over. As workaround I copy from right monitor to my left monitor (same computer), then copy from left monitor go left and enter my left computer (client computer) I can paste OK Dual monitors Primary (Left monitor) is HDMI & Secondary (Right monitor) is VGA
  • 1 month later...
Hello Roberto, I see that your post has gone a long time without an answer. I hope that you will post more information about the issue? Possibly, when you copy the content (do you mean copy-paste within the same computer?), the content loses some formatting which might be what causes the issue. Would you mind describing exactly what you do, when you "copy from right monitor to my left monitor (same computer), then copy from left monitor go left and enter my left computer (client computer)"? I mean, from what app/location are you copying, where are you pasting on same computer (if that is what you do), where are you pasting on the client computer? Does this happen with any data, of any type and amount? What happens if the source you originally copy from is a plain-text app (not capable of rich-text or with rich-text turned off), do you still have the issue?