Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

chrome integration

Urmas Lipso
just a random idea, i better think if it's actually possible. i have a 3 monitor & 2 computers setup, chrome allows to drag a tab from one desktop to another very nicely. that made me wonder, if chrome extension api would allow to access tab dragging event, determine the moment when cursor leaves one screen and create identical tab in chrome at the other computer. i have yet to read chrome extension api, but with all it's account syncing tools, it should be actually possible
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Joshua Parnell
[quote="Urmas Lipso"]just a random idea, i better think if it's actually possible. i have a 3 monitor & 2 computers setup, chrome allows to drag a tab from one desktop to another very nicely. that made me wonder, if chrome extension api would allow to access tab dragging event, determine the moment when cursor leaves one screen and create identical tab in chrome at the other computer. i have yet to read chrome extension api, but with all it's account syncing tools, it should be actually possible[/quote] This is the first idea I've seen here that is both really good and really feasible. It would definitely require a chrome extension, but it could operate on the clipboard. You would have to detect that a chrome window is being dragged, the grab the URL of the tab in question and put it in the clipboard, open another chrome process with the url in the clipboard on the other client. Brilliant!