Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows 10 Error - Connection times out

Mark Selcik

Hey guys,

I just downloaded Synergy onto my two laptops (both running 64-bit Windows 10) and they will not connect to each other. The error presented reads: "WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out". I have done some research to look for a possible solution, but haven't found anything significant. I can provide more information if it is necessary to find a solution.

Thanks,

Mark

Chris Olson

I'm having a similar problem. Server is my iMac 27" (2011, OS X 10.11.6) and my Dell Optiplex 9010 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit) works fine as a client. But I cannot get my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 properly set up as a client (Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit). It keeps saying 'NOTE: connecting to [iP Address: IP:port]' and then 'WARNING: failed to connect to server: timed out'

I have set up my Surface exactly the same way as I've set up my Dell, it works fine on the Dell, but not on the Surface, so I'm not sure what gives.

Mark Selcik

Hey Chris,

I am sorry to hear that is happening for you as well. Hopefully we get a reply with a solution, otherwise I may have to return the software.