Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server crashes, OSX, not version related

Adam Kramer

Hello! First post here since Synergy has worked more or less just fine for the last 10 years. ;-) I tried reading threads from the last week but they don't seem related. Hopefully someone can help.

My set-up is simple: Two macs running OSX. One is the server, one is the client.

The issue: I just upgraded the client, from an old Mac Pro (early 2009) to a new Mac Mini. After this upgrade the server began crashing whenever I quickly mouse back and forth from screen to screen.

I have:

* Restarted both computers

* Restarted the server / client

* Tried old versions of synergy dating from 1.8.8 (current) all the way back to 1.4.14 (from 2013)

* Tried connecting the computers through ethernet and wifi

* Tried with and without VPN on the server and client

* Tried configuration with the UI (I never used the UI before) instead of a .conf file

Repro steps:

1) Start server (starts normally)

2) Start client (starts normally, connects normally)

3) Mousing over to the client from the server works fine, I can use the client normally

4) Mousing back to the server works fine, I can use the server normally

5) Eventually, mousing from the server back to the client a second time (sometimes it takes longer) will cause the server to freeze (mouse and keyboard become unusable for 4-5 seconds) and die. The logs don't say anything on the server; the client just says "disconnected from server" and then it reconnects.

Hopefully someone has seen this before -- any help appreciated!