Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

sharing magic keyboard and trackpad doesn't work

Brian Koster

Windows 10 as server, devices connected bluetooth. Macbook pro running 10.12.3 as client. Macbook won't give up control of bluetooth devices. If I make Macbook pro the server and Windows the client it works. Problem is I will always be running the Windows 10 machine and won't always be running the Mac so Windows machine needs to be the server.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi Brian,

So the Windows machine won't work as the server?

Thanks,

Nick

Brian Koster

Hi Nick, yes that is correct. i installed last night. Originally I set the Mac as the server and Windows 10 as the client and it worked fine. I then realized when I shut down the Mac my Windows 10 machine would lose the keyboard.

I've tried disabling clipboard sharing and also tried manually typing in the server IP as some have suggested. I've also tried changing where the client appears on the server config screen. any help would be greatly appreciated. Looks like an awesome product.

Brian Koster

Hi Nick, any additional thoughts here? Any other reports of this not working with Windows 10 as server and Mac as the client with Magic Pad and Keyboard?

Brian Koster

Ok, I've made some progress. I went to my windows 10 server and deleted and readded the magic pad and keyboard. Now I am able to move them back and forth between my mac and my windows machine. Only problem is now the mac doesn't recognize my magic pad as a magic pad so I have lost all the gestures. I can point and click, that's about it. :|:|

Brian Koster

I resorted to disconnecting the Trackpad from the Windows 10 machine and will use a mouse for it. Trackpad functions fine on the Mac now. I have encountered on glitch....shift key doesn't work on the Mac. More to play with. Not a smooth experience.

Anyone from Synergy have some guidance to offer?