Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy for Android and Samsung DeX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Turbo123

• UnixOutlaw

• ChinTech

• TheDoctor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I was just wondering if y'all have any plans to add Android compatibility to Synergy? I have an android tablet, and also now with the introduction of Samsung DeX would like to use that with my

There is a similar apk https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.deskdock.free&hl=en but it doesn't work that well and is not as feature rich as synergy.  +1 on ha

Just wanted to let you know the android and Samsung Dex would still be great additions.  I realize this thread started over 5 years ago but both android & Samsung have continued to move into daily

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Paul Suarez

You can actually use it on Android. Although this one requires you to have Cyanogen or other mods that has access to /dev/uinput (as mentioned earlier Cyanogen or Paranoid Android). You can confirm this in Symless-Synergy Android client wiki page.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Synergy and like it a lot. I travel at lest twice a month and always take with me my laptop and my Samsung Android devices(s).

It would be great if Synergy could play nicely with the Android devices.

Juan

• 1 month later...

This should just be a thing .... WHY is it not! ...... Why is there no planned development? .... feel a refund request coming as although it works great across my Mac Air/desktop .... I too hoped for Nvidia shield/android support!

PLEASE

• 4 weeks later...
insomniaSalt

I made an account just to be able to post this.

Yes!!! please make synergy for Android AND Samsung DeX happen (and probably also iOS for less fortunate souls).

I need it really bad for my work and let me add to this that I am willing to pay another 50 bucks just to get it.

PLEASE!!!

Thank you very much in advance

• 1 month later...

I just purchased Symless and would love to request this feature... This would make my life so much easier and DEX a lot more convenient.

• Like 1
bogdi1988
11 hours ago, Turbo123 said:

I just purchased Symless and would love to request this feature... This would make my life so much easier and DEX a lot more convenient.

First mistake - you purchased this. They don't seem that interested in adding new features... V2 of the software is horrendous! I ended up not using it anymore and went to Mouse without borders.

Chuck_Strut

Look I have had this software since last year. I upgraded to V2 last week. I must say it dose work better but cannot figure out how to get to the settings.

Now regarding DEX I believe it was first requested almost a year ago. There since then a few people including myself requested it.

But check the road map there is it a lot of stuff that needs to be done. Dex is still new and in a niche market. I believe that if it gets more popular there will be more pressure to get stuff done.

Like for me copy and paste files across computers is much more important to me than DEX at the moment but that is my personal requirement.

But don't discourage other users from the product. I believe it will get better.

Having said that some monthly updates to the product would be great, like road map achievements.

+1 For Samsung Dex support.

With Dex support I can totally isolate my private stuff from the development PC on which I've been using Synergy for years. I love it.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:19 AM, bogdi1988 said:

First mistake - you purchased this. They don't seem that interested in adding new features... V2 of the software is horrendous! I ended up not using it anymore and went to Mouse without borders.

Actually I've been using this product for years and haven't paid for it until now... v2.0 is definitely missing some features but I don't think they have "Given up" on the product. The amount of years I've used this and never paid they deserved way more than what they got. Please don't quote me and act like I've made a mistake... I now have both versions and will happily wait for this team to add the features and not complain/cry on their forums and assume someone else's position with a quote and an outlandish statement.

Let's not attack each other or the company... I enjoy this product so much and am excited to see all that they do with v2.

• Like 1