Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client keeps dying, constant disconnect/reconnect every minute or so

NitroNito

I'm a new user that just recently purchased and installed Synergy, so pardon my ignorance if this is an obvious fix.

I have a server running Windows 7, and a client running Windows 10, both on the same network. I'm able to connect the two and control the client with the server M&K, but every minute or so in the log I get the message that the client is dead, and then immediately after the client accepts the connection again. This makes it so every minute or so the server M&K will be incredibly laggy on the client, or won't even be able to control the client at all, basically rendering Synergy useless.

Any idea as to what the issue may be, and how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
Malcolm CROUCH

Exact same issue.  Win7 Server (64bit)  W10 (64bit) client in office.  Same Win7 Server and W10 (32bit) client at home.  Same in both locations.  

I am running the latest stable version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 on all three (3) machines.

Long time Synergy user.  But this is annoying.  

Trying to tie 3 Windows 10 machines together with the goal of sharing controls and content between them.

Constantly (every few minutes) needing to reset the clients in order to accomplish drag and drop - never been able to transfer a file between computers.

I get updates to the product on a regular basis, but they never seem to be addressing these core components of the application.

Why are we (Users) communicating these details between ourselves? - Is Synergy development paying attention - they do not seem to be responding to the issues as if they are aware of the issues - and have a plan or calendar in place to deal with them.

Thus for, I am not a big fan.

NitroNito

I was only able to get a reply out of them and after contacting them directly through PayPal requesting either support or a refund. Once actually in touch with somebody, I was getting pretty quick responses in trying to resolve the issue. However, we still haven't actually found a solution.

• 4 months later...

Also experiencing this. :( I don't know which version started this, but I didn't experience this before. T.T

Connecting 2 Windows 10 machines (64bit), both running latest Synergy version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 

I've reverted back to an older version (synergy-v1.8.7-stable-9799e96), and its working much much better now. No client drops so far, and no movement lags in client PC)

I'm hopeful that I won't experience drops / lags anymore. I'll update whenever something bad happens again.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:32 AM, jsblx said:

I've reverted back to an older version (synergy-v1.8.7-stable-9799e96), and its working much much better now. No client drops so far, and no movement lags in client PC)

I'm hopeful that I won't experience drops / lags anymore. I'll update whenever something bad happens again.

This might be a stupid question, but how do you download old binaries? I'm experiencing the same exact problem that you're seeing (client is "dead" every few minutes with a laggy mouse). 

12 hours ago, sbauer said:

This might be a stupid question, but how do you download old binaries? I'm experiencing the same exact problem that you're seeing (client is "dead" every few minutes with a laggy mouse). 

I just happened to have the old installer that's why I was able to downgrade. T.T 

Unfortunately, the issue is still there. It just happens less frequently when using the older version. :( This is a bummer, as it's messing up my workflow.

I've already emailed Symless regarding this. I hope they have some favorable response.

" I've already emailed Symless regarding this. I hope they have some favorable response. "

Please, if you hear back from anyone at Symless, share any workarounds on this thread. I have not heard anything from Symless at all.

I have something quite similar. I finally have gone completely wireless in my home. I got sick and tired of my kids, cats and frankly myself tripping over wires etc. I have 3 desktops and one laptop, (*Win10, Win10, Fedora, Win10*) I am getting frequent drops between all clients and when it is connected, I feel like I am running off of a dialup connection, the lag is so slow and annoying. 

I se that someone had the previous build and it worked ... can anyone provide a copy of that for testing?

Exact same issue.  Running Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 on:

Windows XP (32-bit) and Linux (Debian "Stretch"): Linux 4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u3 (2017-08-06) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've been asked to try out their release candidate v1.8.9. I've only tested it for a couple of hours, but so far so good on my end. No lags, no disconnects.

This is just their release candidate, so there's still bound to be bugs, but to anyone who wants to try it out, here's the link to the download page:

I've tried 1.9 and while it appears to fix the laggy cursor, I'm still getting frequent drops. I'm running connection monitoring software on both machines as well and it's not picking up any network drops. 

• 1 month later...

Dealing with the same issue myself - 2 Windows 10 machines, latest Synergy download. I can go an hour without and issue, while other times it drops connectivity every minute or two. Emailed Synergy and waiting for a response.

Just a quick note for Nick Bolton,

I see that you are about to release a new version of this product. As I have sent you money, and not yet been able to reliably use the product to do what you claimed it would do, I am not planning to send you any more money for version 2.

How are you planning to correct existing issues?

Thanks,
Dan Davis

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have used synergy old version and worked well.

Today I purchased pro version and installed mac os app but could not connect to the server and continuously indicating connect and disconnect. I tried with many ways disconnected firewall, tried with disabling TLS, tried with macmini hotspot with manual configs and as well as auto config, but no chance to connect with the server. this the client side log and server displays connect and disconnect. Please reply me with fair response as I purchased the app.

Thank you.

[2019-01-29T12:46:09] ERROR: failed to create quartz event tap

[2019-01-29T12:46:09] ERROR: process exited with error code: 11

[2019-01-29T12:46:09] INFO: detected process not running, auto restarting

[2019-01-29T12:46:10] INFO: starting client

[2019-01-29T12:46:10] INFO: config file: /var/folders/r6/75rscj7s37l7f0ky_z0z67_m0000gp/T/Synergy.cu1095

[2019-01-29T12:46:10] INFO: log level: INFO

[2019-01-29T12:46:10] INFO: drag and drop enabled

[2019-01-29T12:46:10] NOTE: started client/folders/r6/75rscj7s37l7f0ky_z0z67_m0000gp/T/Synergy.Zj1095

[2019-01-29T12:46:14] INFO: log level: INFO

Hi,

Please do the following : 

1. Reinstall from fresh

2. Remove the app from System Preferences' "Security & Privacy > Accessibility" list

3. Open the app

4. From System Preferences, enable Accessibility access, as requested

5. Back in Synergy, enable Auto Config (in Preferences)

6. Allow the client to connect (accept fingerprint on the client machine)

7. Configure server in client machine name.

• 6 months later...

Since i removed my old laptop and configured another the Server PC continues to log the following every 2 seconds

[2019-08-14T11:27:16] WARNING: unrecognised client name "C*****-Lap154", check server config
[2019-08-14T11:27:16] NOTE: disconnecting client "C*****-Lap154"
[2019-08-14T11:27:16] NOTE: client "C*****-Lap154" has disconnected
[2019-08-14T11:27:19] INFO: accepted secure socket
[2019-08-14T11:27:19] INFO: network encryption protocol: TLSv1.2
[2019-08-14T11:27:19] NOTE: accepted client connection

My new laptop is connected but this consistent process that seems to be firing is causing my controls in the client laptop to consistently freeze up making the experience nearly unusable. I cant seem to shake the log of the old deleted client. I have cleaned and reinstalled 1.10.2 on both pcs, 

What can i do next?

Thanks

Edited by RyanO
  • 1 year later...

Alexey Pilyaev - where do I find this "accessibility list" in Windows 10? I don't find any "system preferences" dialog, for a start - the closest thing is the Control Panel?

• 1 year later...

I have been having this disconnect issue for years now. I have graduated to Windows 11 on the Client and Server and still having the disconnect issues. I noticed that it happens more when a new window comes up for the first time or the UAC pops up. I have to wait a 10 secs. or so and it reconnects.  It is not a ping (networking issue) and I have uninstalled and cleared out the registry to any reference to Synergy and have done a clean install.  Same result. Disconnects. If anyone knows where I can get 1.8.8 I am willing to try it.