Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Exit Code of 1

Mike Pilat
I have been using Synergy on a Mac running 10.7.5 without any issue until this new update came out. I installed it and when I open the program I get the error… "Synergy terminated unexpectedly with and exit code of 1. Please see the log for details. Here is the log… NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/rq/xn_q4vx12wsg9h29k264blf12zpn_w/T/Synergy.BMJ280 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/rq/xn_q4vx12wsg9h29k264blf12zpn_w/T/Synergy.HaQ280 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/rq/xn_q4vx12wsg9h29k264blf12zpn_w/T/Synergy.RDH280 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/mpilat/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Ben Koenig
As a workaround you should be able to get back up and running by disabling SSL encryption. I know it's not the most appealing solution but it should allow your client and server to connect. There is a checkbox in settings under "Network Security". Uncheck it and see if that works. Let me know how it goes. -Ben
Ben Koenig
Ok, if you are on OS X 10.7 then it looks like others have run into this before. Short answer is more or less what I already gave you, however the way you go about it is a little more detailed. You may want to look at this post in the "Crashing" section of the Forum: [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118[/url] EDIT: Also Check out this: [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=127[/url] Looks like a workaround may have been found. Let me know how it goes! -Ben
Mike Pilat
I followed those directions and the error went away but I still couldn't connect. What I did was instead of the IP address of the computer I wanted to connect to, I used the computer name and everything instantly connected and is now working! Thanks for all the help!
Ben Koenig
Host names solve everything! Looks like you just lost your IP address on your network then. Classic networking goof. It happens. :oops: The name you used to connect is linked to an address, which you can find in your network utility or through the ping command. I'm glad it works. :D
  • 1 month later...
Mark Muskin
I've recently migrated my macbook pro data over to an iMac and I would like to use Synergy between the two machines but for some reason the "Screen Name" is appearing the same on both machines so that when i start the server it thinks the client is already connected. How do i change the Screen Names? Thanks!
Ben Koenig
Hi Mark! First I would like to mark this as "Thread Hijacking". Always remember for separate questions to create a [b]new topic[/b]. This helps all Users [i]and[/i] Developers find the information they are looking for. Please and Thank You! In the Preferences -> Settings Dialog of the client you can set the name it identifies to the server. In the server configuration you will double click the screen you just added and give it the same name (specified on the client). For more details on how to do this Please create a [b]New Topic[/b]. :)