Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server + Client - dual monitor setup on both computers, setup possible?

Hello...

I'm having a setup with 4 monitors...  looking similar to this

|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  Client  ||  Client  |
| Monitor2 || Monitor1 |
|----------||----------|
|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  SERVER  ||  SERVER  |
| Monitor2 || Monitor1 |
|----------||----------|

Currently it's i can cross over from server(mon1) to Client(mon1).. but would like to cross over no matter what screen i'm on... so either 1 or 2 on both server/client side... Is this possible somehow?

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

Hi @kladze. That is possible as long as you have configure the server properly. When you configure the server, set the client screen name on top of the server. The monitor relies on how you setup your dual monitor screen on your machine. The Server configuration reflects how each machine should be displayed and not each of the monitors as a whole.

30 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @kladze. That is possible as long as you have configure the server properly. When you configure the server, set the client screen name on top of the server. The monitor relies on how you setup your dual monitor screen on your machine. The Server configuration reflects how each machine should be displayed and not each of the monitors as a whole.

This is my current setup. If understood correctly, this is also the way you want me to create it. But still only able to go from 1 screen to another.. and not from both.

Edited by kladze
Paul Suarez

Can you try to change the screen name to something that doesn't have any special characters (@, #, $, -, etc...)?

10 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Can you try to change the screen name to something that doesn't have any special characters (@, #, $, -, etc...)?

Okay just changed it.. but still the same issue.. only able to go from server to client on the "right" screen... not able to go from both screens...

|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  Client  ||  Client  |
| Monitor2 || Monitor1 |
|----------||----------|
                 ^
                 |
|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  SERVER  ||  SERVER  |
| Monitor2 || Monitor1 |
|----------||----------|

Edited by kladze
Paul Suarez

Have you tried restarting both machines after making the changes on the configuration @kladze? If not, try closing Synergy interface on each of the machines and restarting them.

19 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Have you tried restarting both machines after making the changes on the configuration @kladze? If not, try closing Synergy interface on each of the machines and restarting them.

Both computer just restarted... still the same issue...

one is Win7, other is win10

11 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Okay i just found out i can down from Client(monitor 2) to server(monitor 2)... but not go up...

On monitor 1 i can go up/down between client/server.

Paul Suarez

Hi @kladze. That could be the reason why it doesn't work perfectly. There is an open issue on GitHub about this. Our developers are trying to find a way to fix or improve this. Although, we can't provide an exact timeline as to when it'll be available. Please confirm if the Windows 7 machine is your server and the Windows 10 machines is your client.

21 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @kladze. That could be the reason why it doesn't work perfectly. There is an open issue on GitHub about this. Our developers are trying to find a way to fix or improve this. Although, we can't provide an exact timeline as to when it'll be available. Please confirm if the Windows 7 machine is your server and the Windows 10 machines is your client.

Server is WIN10, Client is Win7