Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Webroot detects synergyd.exe as virus

Go to solution Solved by Augusto Santa Cruz,

Todd Rannow

I've been running Synergy for years.  My virus protection, Webroot Secure Anywhere, said that it found W32.Trojan.Gen in synergyd.exe about an hour ago so it removed the file. And now I can't reinstall Synergy either because every time I try it detects W32.Trojan.Gen in synergyd.exe.  (Last week I turned on SSL -- I don't think this caused the problem, but I just thought I'd best mention it.)

I rely on Synergy for work, so I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this problem.

Thanks!

• Solution
Augusto Santa Cruz

Hi Todd,

You would have to add Synergyd.exe as an exception on your Antivirus, in your case Webroot Secure Anywhere. Here are some instructions I found on the internet on how to do so (bear in mind these might be slightly different for your product):

1. Open WSA, and click the 'gear tool' next to PC Security.
  2. Click the Quarantine tab.
  3. Check to see if your game .exe is listed here.  If so, select it and click Restore at the bottom right.
  4. Next, blick the Block/Allow files tab.
  5. Is synergyd.exe listed here?  If so, and it is marked Block, change that to Allow.
  6. If synergyd.exe is not listed, click the Add File button, navigate to the hard drive location where it is installed, select it and set it for allow.

Source: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Adding-Exceptions/td-p/74481

Some Antivirus detect our software as Keyloggers, these are called false positives. If you need further assistance with Synergy let us know. 

• Paul Suarez changed the title to Webroot detects synergyd.exe as virus
  • Nick Bolton pinned and locked this topic
  • Nick Bolton unpinned this topic