Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

2 computers, each with own monitor, can they share both monitors?

Hello, I have been using a KVM to switch between PC's and monitors but this software seems better if I understand it correctly.

I have 2 windows machines (both laptops) each with a monitor attached, is it possible to use both screens ie a dual monitor setup and 1 keyboard/mouse with each laptop?

Anyone able to reply?  NOT to impressed with the support for this product...

Edited by Chad
Paul Suarez

Hi Chad. Do you mean that you wanted to control laptop B using laptop A's mouse and keyboard while laptop B's mouse and keyboard can also control laptop A?

more like a KVM switch...while active on PC A, use monitor 1 and 2, while active on PC B, using same monitor 1 and 2.  A dual monitor KVM switch (HDMI) is over $300, I was hoping this would provide the same solution  :)

Paul Suarez

I don't think that it is what you expect it to be. Say for example: M1 is connected to PC A and M2 is connected to PC B. If PC A is the server, you can use PC A's mouse and keyboard to control PC B. However, you can't do things that KVM switch does. Just like opening a browser from PC A and let it stay on M2 since M2 is for PC B only. Same goes with PC B.

Paul Suarez

Hey @Chad. It should work no matter where the VPN is running. So long as both machines are trying to look for each other on the same network that they are connected to.

Doesn't seem to be...I only have VPN on PC1(work PC), PC2 is personal so no VPN available.  Once PC1 connects to VPN, I lose synergy functionality.  Is there a way to "tunnel" through Cisco VPN on PC1 to maintain synergy functionality?  Its CiscoAnyconnect.

Paul Suarez

Can you try to check for an option in your VPN's settings to enable local LAN access. I guess AnyConnect has an option like that.