Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

config/connection probs

Hi, i have 3 laptops all running win 10 and avast av disabled, i cant seem to to get the config /connection correct. seems the server laptop is saying" WARNING: unrecognised client name "JJ-MSI", check server config" , one of the client laptops is saying "failed to connect to server,server refused client with our name"  the oter client laptop when i try and auto config says it needs to download Bonjour yet allways fails on attempting to download bonjour.

Any help would be great thank you

Paul Suarez

Hi john. Currently we don't support screen names with special characters. Please follow the steps below.

1.  On your client side, click on the Edit button on top and click settings
  2.  Change the Screen name in to something that doesn't have any special characters (-, @, #, etc.)
  3.  Click on OK
  4.  Click Start or Apply
  5.  On the server side, click configure server
  6.  Make sure that you can see the new screen name reflected

Hope this helps.

Update:

I did manage to get Synergy to work on the the one laptop named JJ-MSI however the other laptop i get getting "server refused client with our name" "failed to connect to server " now on the client screen of this other laptop it shows the scren name as JohnNew , i typed in the server ip and no connection    I tried the auto cofig but it trys to download and run Bonjour  with fails to load and run hence no connection, i have even disabled the Avast av.

Any tips ?   i have tried re-install, no success.

it seems the issue is with the ip addy  on the client side i keyed in the server ip that was is bold numbers, still no success  any idea whats up and what i am doing wrong auto config still dosnt work.

many thanks in advance

Paul Suarez

Hi john. Please send us a screenshot of your server configuration. You should see that by clicking Configure Server on Synergy's user interface.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help, and please excuse my computer/software lack of skills. This config is working, i cannot add my other laptop however, i have tried different client setup's and still not working (being sure the ip on client is same on server, auto config wont work on client error when trying to load/run bonjour)

again many thanks for your time.

Cheers

John

this is a scrn cap of the laptop client that wont connect to the other laptop that is the server.

Again, many kind thanks ;)

Paul Suarez

Hi john. On your server's user interface, please add the other laptop by dragging and dropping that monitor image on the upper right hand side of the Server Configuration box. You can drop it beside JJ-MSI. Double click the monitor image and change the screen name to JohnNEW.