Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client to client Mouse transition Problem

ChristopherMo

I have 4 different PCs, thus 4 different monitors.  I also purchased the multi-client Dell 43" monitor to allow quadrant stacking:  server screen is bottom-right and clients are relative to server, clients are left, left-top, and top.

However, the mouse cannot pass from client to client, only from server to clients....   This is the entire reason for purchasing this software.  I need an answer within 24 hours or I will cancel my order (based on the large amount of unanswered questions i see in this forum) and move onto Multiplicity instead...    Mind you that what ever software works, there are many many many more licenses to purchase (.  I don't have time to wait.

Picture1.png

Paul Suarez

Hi ChristopherMo! May we ask for your configuration file. Follow the steps below to retrieve the configuration file.

1. On your Synergy user interface, please click on File
  2. Click on Save configuration as...
  3. Save it to your preferred location
  4. Send us a copy of the configuration file

SaveConfiguration.jpg.916017539be510ee62031964444483a3.jpg

Paul Suarez

Hi ChristopherMo. Basing it on the log file, you have switchCorners = none +top-left and switchCornerSize = 24 set for qrrazyv401p3. 3clients.jpg.b6bbf29a871dc14715967ca788f1fa89.jpg     

Go to Configure Server. Double click on the monitor image for qrrazyv401p3.

Uncheck the box next to Top-left and set the CornerSize to 0 and click OK.

ChristopherMo

thank you, but this did not solve the problem of being able to move between the two clients that are a top each other....

Paul Suarez

Sorry to hear that. Please set the logging level to Debug1 and send us the logs it generates.

1. On your server's user interface, click on Edit on top
  2. Click settings
  3. Change the logging level to Debug1
  4. Click Apply or Start
  5. Send us a copy of the logs it'll generate
ChristopherMo

i actually have had log turned on since yesterday, so here is log from yesterday until just now from the server.....  and i just noticed that my top left client is Windows XP...  assume that is not supported (the issue)?

synergyd.log

Paul Suarez

It should not be due to the WIndows XP machine. The logs are from Info, please set logs to Debug1 and send us a copy of it. Thanks :-)

ChristopherMo

Im afraid I must move on from this software...  I have already given this SW too much time and i have another solution.

Paul Suarez

Hi ChristopherMo. We have checked the previous log file you sent. We'd actually need you to set both client and server to Debug1 and generate the logs while they are both on Debug1.

ChristopherMo

thank you for the reply.  Understand y'all are busy but i have a half functioning system due to your SW.  If i get multiplicity to work first then i will be running that on our fleet.  Whomever solves my problem first will be getting our business.

ChristopherMo

wow!  I am not sure what i did, but i reinstalled the synergy V1.8.8 on the qrra client and now i can move between clients...   here are the new log files after the fix :^)

Can you figure out why with these files and please reply so that if something happens in the future, i have a fix/reason please.

synergy nms client.log

synergy qrra client.log

synergy supra Server.log

ChristopherMo

i also have now activated a fourth PC and i can now seamlessly transition on my one monitor through all four PC desktops!  Dope!   We may try a fifth PC (laptop) if i can get some internal nodes set up here...    how do large scale purchases work if we start out with 4 lic. then 8 and maybe more licenses?