Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Configurating my 3 pc's

Go to solution Solved by Paul Suarez,

TechnicallBrains

Hello,

I just bought Synergy pro i've totally no idea how this works but my 3 pc's need to work together at least the file system is there a way to help me with this?

I cma this far

adasdasd.jpg

Paul Suarez

Hi TechnicallBrains. It seems that your machine has multiple network adapters enabled as of the moment. It would be best to manually input your server's IP address instead of using the auto config option.

TechnicallBrains

If i fill in the ip adresses from the other pc's then it won't connect so how do i need to do this ?

2017-05-05 23_38_38-Synergy Pro.png

Paul Suarez

Uncheck the Auto config option and enter the server's IP manually in the box next to it.

manual.png.ea020eb14160f47cb32d2ac274b41c16.png

TechnicallBrains

It says failer and won't connect the other ip adresses are 192.168.192.40 and 192.168.192.14

Paul Suarez

I see it now. Synergy does not support having special characters for screen names. Please edit the screen name that is set on both the client and the server side.

TechnicallBrains

so al the names are now TechnicallBrains but still with the ip adress it won't work is it not an option that you use teamvieuwer just for a few minutes to configure it for me

TechnicallBrains

Still saying client wont connect because there is already the same name using a connection but all the 3 pc's do have a different name now

TechnicallBrains
20 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

I see it now. Synergy does not support having special characters for screen names. Please edit the screen name that is set on both the client and the server side.

Can you still help me ?

Paul Suarez

Hi TechnicallBrains. May we ask for your configuration file for all three machines. Follow the steps below to retrieve the configuration file.

1. On your Synergy user interface, please click on File
  2. Click on Save configuration as...
  3. Save it to your preferred location
  4. Send us a copy of the configuration file

Please also indicate what screen name each machine is using.

SaveConfiguration.jpg.916017539be510ee62031964444483a3.jpg

TechnicallBrains
On 2017-5-7 at 8:59 PM, Paul Suarez said:

Hi TechnicallBrains. May we ask for your configuration file for all three machines. Follow the steps below to retrieve the configuration file.

1. On your Synergy user interface, please click on File
  2. Click on Save configuration as...
  3. Save it to your preferred location
  4. Send us a copy of the configuration file

Please also indicate what screen name each machine is using.

SaveConfiguration.jpg.916017539be510ee62031964444483a3.jpg

Here you got it sorry for the late reaction busy times these days.

config synergy

TechnicallBrains

THe name of my Computer with Synenergy is TechnicallBrains the other 2 are TBrainss and TBrains because i guess we need 3 different names ?

2017-05-08 21_29_17-Synergy Pro.png

• Solution
Paul Suarez

Hi @TechnicallBrains. Based on that config file you haven't set/configured a screen name for your client yet. You need to configure both client and server initially as shown on this knowledge base article? You should see the steps on how to add a screen and set a screen name for it that it'll match the screen name you have set for your client machine.

TechnicallBrains
21 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @TechnicallBrains. Based on that config file you haven't set/configured a screen name for your client yet. You need to configure both client and server initially as shown on this knowledge base article? You should see the steps on how to add a screen and set a screen name for it that it'll match the screen name you have set for your client machine.

It worked my bad forgot the manual but how can i connect from 1 pc to the other 2 ? i Can now go to 1 of the 2 pc's i've got

TechnicallBrains

Even i tried o move some files to my other pc but that doesn't work that easy as far as i see how can i drag some documents from this pc to another one ? @Paul Suarez

TechnicallBrains

It even stands here around 1:00 minutes 

I got it from Linus but i never worked with servers like this before so that's why i'm having an difficult time with this i know much about IT that ain't the problem.
The most important thing for me is to find a way to share documents or whatever.

And like this video discribes it it has to be possible.

Paul Suarez
On 5/9/2017 at 4:08 AM, TechnicallBrains said:

Even i tried o move some files to my other pc but that doesn't work that easy as far as i see how can i drag some documents from this pc to another one ? @Paul Suarez

@TechnicallBrains Please start a new thread for this issue. Thanks :)

• Paul Suarez locked this topic