Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client keeps dying, constant disconnect/reconnect every minute or so (Part 2)

NitroNito

As per request of one of the staff members, here is a new thread pertaining to my issue.

I have a server running Windows 7, and a client running Windows 10, both on the same network. I'm able to connect the two and control the client with the server M&K, but every minute or so in the log I get the message that the client is dead, and then immediately after the client accepts the connection again. This makes it so every minute or so the server M&K will be incredibly laggy on the client, or won't even be able to control the client at all, basically rendering Synergy useless.

For reference, I have already tried removing any dashes from the server and client PC names, tried naming them in Synergy as their IPs, and tried giving them aliases of either their real names or any of their listed IPs. None of those attempts solved the issue.

Any idea as to what the issue may be, and how to fix it?

NitroNito

Unfortunately I can't, the desktop is on the other side of the apartment from the router and is too far for a wired connection. Though my speeds and latency are pretty solid on wireless (50-100+ Mbps depending on the time of day)

• 2 months later...

The issue happens to me between to wired computers.

Not a visible disconnection, but a loss of mouse control or cut and paste capability to the client. As I frequently need to cut and paste, and navigate between systems (Which is why I sent you money) it is very annoying that I must restart the client every few minutes to maintain capability of the tool.

I'm having this issue too. Both windows 10 computers (Laptop and Desktop), both wired. I'm new to Synergy so this is the first computer setup I'm doing with it. I have no idea why this is happening.

I grabbed the running log from Server and Client side, not much information here. I'll be happy to enable a higher level of logging and provide those as well. I really need to get this working. 

https://pastebin.com/rXnH7wQQhttps://pastebin.com/rXnH7wQQ