Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

MOUSE DISAPPEARS

Justin Garcia
I'm using Synergy 1.7.2 on both ends. The server is running Windows 7 Pro. The client is a VmWare Desktop also running Windows 7. When I move the mouse from the server to the client screen, the cursor disappears. I've tried re-installing Synergy 1.7.2 on both ends, but the issue still persists. It seemed to work flawlessly with earlier version of Synergy. Not sure why it is having issues now. Any ideas?
  • 2 months later...
Caleb Spear
I am also having issues when running VMPlayer and Synergy. When Synergy is running my mouse dissapears and I lose control in the VMWare Client. As soon as I disable Synergy all control returns to the VMWare client. Host PC running Synergy 1.7.4 nightly build 4dd4045 (Running as server) Host Operating system Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. VM Player 7.0 Guest OS Linux Mint 17.2
  • 1 month later...
Timothy A Johnson
I have a similar problem: Moving my mouse from the server to the client, the mouse cursor disappears exactly half the time - that is, move it over once, and the cursor is there, return mouse to server, then back to client again, the mouse disappears. return to server and then client - cursor is back again. This is consistently repeatable. Though the cursor is missing, however, the mouse input is still being registered on the client machine (e.g. One can blindly activate windows or select blocks of text with mouse movements and clicks). If one moves the physical mouse on the client machine, the cursor appears and then works normally with the server mouse. Once the cursor returns to the server, however, it will disappear the next time it returns to the client. The logs do not register any difference from one transition to the next. - The server is Win 7 Pro/64-bit running Synergy Pro 1.7.4 (but same behavior with a couple previous versions) and this is the second PC with this configuration that operates this way. - The client is Fedora 20/64 also running Synergy Pro 1.7.4 (and has also had previous versions installed with same behavior). - SSL is turned off (Synergy doesn't work at all with it on). - Elevate mode does not matter - same behavior with or without.
  • 2 weeks later...
Chris Pruitt
I am having a similar issue with Parallels. The 'server' mouse cursor does not match where I click in the Parallels client window, which is why I try to use the 'client' mouse to click instead, but the cursor isn't visible. If I turn off Synergy, the 'client' mouse reappears and acts normally. If one of the problems were fixed, I would be golden, but ideally, it would be nice if the Synergy 'server' mouse clicked correctly on the 'client' Parallels client. Server: Windows 8.1 Client: Mac OSX 10.10.5
  • 2 months later...