Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ESC Key being pressed

derpherder

Hello. I notice that sometimes when my mouse transitions from one system to another, the ESC key is being pressed if the mouse button is held down. This is particularly annoying.

Let me give an example, I go to snap a chat window to the edge of my screen. If I move the mouse too far, and it goes over, the ESC key is pressed and it will close the chat. I can do this fairly repeatably with Skype for business, Google Hangouts, etc...

derpherder

So, this happens rarely when dragging a window from the synergy server(my left screen) to the synergy client(my right screen) However, it happens a TON when moving the other direction.

I did some testing to see if something was getting clicked, or pushed other than the ESC key and the only way to close a skype(for business) chat  that I have been able to find is the ESC key, or ALT+F4. Since this doesnt happen to other windows like chrome, I am narrowing this down to the ESC key. 

Side note: When I move the mouse from the client to the server, during that transition, I notice that the mouse snaps back to the center of the screen on the client. I wonder if that reset sequence also includes the ESC button? I also notice that on the Synergy server, mouse transition to the other screen does not pop the mouse onto the center of the server screen, it is gone. This looks like it might be why I see it going one direction but not the other.