Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

SSL errors - Mac Server

Marianne

MacOS Version: 10.12.4
Synergy Version: 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

Using Synergy with Mac Server and Windows 7 client using SSL. Starts off okay and then develops a SSL error

[2017-05-10T10:37:47] INFO: OpenSSL 1.0.2 22 Jan 2015
[2017-05-10T10:38:02] ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure)
[2017-05-10T10:38:02] ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol
[2017-05-10T10:38:02] ERROR: failed to accept secure socket
[2017-05-10T10:38:02] INFO: client connection may not be secure

Once the ssl error has started the connection between client and server gets very laggy. If I do the toggle of SSL on and off on both client and server (as per knowledge base and SSL generic error) then things may or may not get better depending on how long it takes for the SSL error to reoccur.

This was happening with the 1.8.7 stable as well - I upgraded yesterday in the hope that it would be improved with 1.8.8 but not.

• 3 weeks later...
Marianne

Yes please - I had a go with rc1.9 but no change in behaviour. Currently discontinued using synergy - at a university and a non ssl connect is an invitation for bad things to happen :)

Marianne

Yes. Windows machine runs processes the access various corporate databases, Mac is used to reference online documentation. Can operate without synergy but it's a pain to change keyboards all the time.

Marianne

I've tried to install v1.9 on the windows 7 machine twice - each time it request a restart after installing and the locks the machine up after I have logged back in. I have to then start in safe mode to disable the synergy service before I can use the machine again. It seems to install on the Mac okay but without the client working I can't really tell. Can I use different versions of synergy on the client and server?

Paul Suarez

That could be possible but you would not be using it to the fullest of the software's potential. Are you installing it on top of the previous Synergy version? or did you uninstall the previous version first before installing that newer version?

Marianne

First time, I installed it on top of the previous version (1.8.8 stable). Second time I just did a repair. I have now just uninstalled synergy 1.9 and reinstalled. I can now run the synergy app on windows without locking up the machine but its not starting properly - it seems to not get past creating the log file. I have changed the log file location to My Documents so I know it should have permission to write there and I have changed the logging level to Debug 2 but it is still stuck with the status message "Synergy is starting" and in the visible log the last message is INFO: log file: C:/Users/cpmeb/Documents/logs/synergy.log

Marianne

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in answering. The Synergy service runs fine on the Mac. I am having all sorts of problems with v1.9.0rc3 on the windows machine - the service runs but I can't start the machine with the service on automatic, it locks the machine up and I have to do a hard reboot, start in safe mode, disable the service and then reboot. Maybe conflicting with my work SOE? Anyway when I do finally get into my machine and turn the service on I have all sorts of lag problems with other software until I turn the service off. I have attached the log from the windows machine - not much in it as I end up having to kill it fairly quickly so I can get any work down.

Marianne

synergy.log