Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Download Synergy 1.9-rc3 (Fixes the macOS WiFi lag bug)

Guest Andrew Nelless

Guest Andrew Nelless

Hi folks,

We have fixed the wifi mouse lag bug on macOS!

Download Synergy 1.9 here:

https://symless.com/synergy/downloads

Contact us if you don't have S1:

https://symless.com/contact

List of bug fixes and enhancements:

v1.9.0-rc3 - Updated 10th May 2017

Bug #4132 - Laggy mouse cursor on macOS clients
Bug #5901 - Stored serial key corrupted on macOS
Bug #5757 - Failure to build against OpenSSL v1.1.0
Bug #5467 - Failing to automatically download and install Bonjour
Enhancement #5389 - Ported GUI to Qt 5
Enhancement #4978 - Windows: Added support for Visual Studio 2015
Enhancement #5398 - Windows: Updated OpenSSL dependency to 1.0.2k

More information on this release:

Synergy v1.9.0 marks the start of our efforts to modernise and restabilise the codebase.

The v1.9 release series will intentionally focus on bug fixes only. We want to improve the reliability of our core functionality. Other than the changes listed below, there are no functional changes in v1.9.0 (from v1.8.8).

We strongly encourage all users to upgrade from previous versions.

Please send us your feedback to help us fix any new issues. As no further v1.8 releases will be made, we need to know as soon as possible if you are having issues in v1.9.0 that you did not have in v1.8.8.

We will only declare v1.9.0 stable when we are convinced it is as stable, or even more stable, than v1.8.8. Once this has been achieved, later revisions (v1.9.1, v1.9.2, etc.) will focus on fixing known issues affecting all prior versions.

Thanks,
Andrew

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Suarez

• TiJeff

• PlayingKarrde

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a 32-bit version of 1.9.0 for windows 10?

We almost finish July and there's not any update in the RC3 to RC4 or RC5, so this software is not developing? As users are complaining about the app doesn't work on Mac or other problems and the

Posted Images

Mark A. Hershberger

Specifically, this is what I get on my Debian Stable system:

$ sudo dpkg -i /tmp/mozilla_mah0/Synergy_1.9.0~rc3_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package synergy.
(Reading database ... 242581 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../Synergy_1.9.0~rc3_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking synergy (1.9.0~rc3) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of synergy:
 synergy depends on libqt5core5a (>= 5.5.0); however:
  Version of libqt5core5a:amd64 on system is 5.3.2+dfsg-4+deb8u2.
 synergy depends on libstdc++6 (>= 5.2); however:
  Version of libstdc++6:amd64 on system is 4.9.2-10.

Should I compile myself?

Guest Andrew Nelless

@Mark I'll look in to this. Debian Stable is definitely on the list of distros to support for v1.9 (For v2.0 however we'll likely only support the latest Ubuntu LTS and Debian 9 (which should be out by then))

Regarding compiling yourself, it's not that difficult, checkout the v1.9 branch, but official instructions aren't frozen yet.

Paul Suarez
21 hours ago, BillW said:

Got it now. Thanks. Instructions aren't super clear, and the interface is real glitchy-- I had to exit out and start over a few times when doing the monitor config. 

Thanks for the assistance! 

Bill

Adding this here. Ubuntu 16.04

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

Tagging this thread. It was originally posted here but I split it to assist him further.

2 hours ago, Suttle-Straus said:

This version will not open for me on OS 10.11.6

crashes immediately.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:11 AM, Paul Suarez said:

Tagging this thread. It was originally posted here but I split it to assist him further.

Uploaded logs to Github's Gist.

It crashes immediately here too, Mac OS 10.12.5 (in a Mac Mini)

follows the error Mac shows attached.

P.S. Sorry for the terrible english.

On 6/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, SixSixTrample said:

I still get the mouse lag error even with this update installed on client and server.

Same. Manual IP, no auto config. I do have SSL enabled though.

Balthasar

Using 1.9rc3 the log has this error code around 10times a second: "[2017-06-20T13:26:06] WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1d"

andrewrich

1.9.0-rc3 does not fix the lag on macOS over wifi for me. It isn't any worse but it definitely isn't better than 1.8.8.

I also get an accent-character popup frequently when typing (again, same as with 1.8.8)  as if modifier keys are being pressed when they are not; and frequent missing/skipped typed letters -- that is on the client Mac.

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 3.27.31 PM.png

Paul Suarez
5 hours ago, ffuentes said:

Team,

Synergy Stable or RC do not run under Debian 9. Stable complains about the OPENSSL Libraries and RC 1.9 just wont install.

Just reporting.

Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, appendx said:

Hi Paul,

I tried 1.9.0rc3 in the combination of Ubuntu 16.10 (Kernel 4.9) and macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and could not get it running properly. Synergy would connect the two machines, but as soon as the cursor leaves the server-screen and enters the client screen the cursor gets stuck. Depending on the speed with which I enter the client screen the cursor gets stuck within the first 10 pixels (slow movement) to about 100 pixels (fast movement) from the edge. When moving back into the server screen, the cursor behaves normally again within the server screen.

I tried all sorts of combinations of options (autoconfig, clipboard sharing, Wifi vs LAN etc), but the behaviour remained unchanged. I also switched server/client roles with the same result. The behaviour is very similar to this report...

...alas, my configuration is all different, though.

Went back to 1.8.8 stable and everything is fine again.

Adam Plocher

I had kind of a similar issue a couple weeks ago (with this RC).  I don't recall the circumstances completely, but I want to say it was something like:

-Windows (as Server) was either at Login or Lock-screen.

-Cursor was on Linux guest,

-Cursor got stuck in last 10-pixels (roughly) of the right-side of Linux Guest.  (note, if I recall, I was able to switch to the Windows host, but didn't unlock it, then switched back to Linux guest and that's when it got stuck??)

-Tried a ton of stuff and couldn't get the cursor / keyboard back into Windows to unlock my PC.  Ended up button mashing my keyboard and it finally released it (note, scroll lock was off already, not sure what I pressed).

Sorry, should have documented this right afterwards like Comey, this might not be 100% right...

Hello All.  Paul Suarez recommended I re-post the issues I'm seeing in Windows 10 on this thread.  Below are links to the posts to "mouse lag" (aka "erratic cursor") and "left mouse click ignored."  Is there an ETA on when these issues will be addressed?

As you will be able to read in the posts, I am using Version 1.9.0-rc3 in Windows 10 Pro Version 1703.

Today I also noticed that copy/paste between client and server stopped working; restarting Synergy brought copy/paste back to life.

PlayingKarrde

I just updated and to be honest the lag feels worse now. When I move my cursor to the client's screen I get about 2 or 3 seconds of lagless behaviour and then it lags like crazy. It might start working fine again 5 or 6 seconds later, then lags again. 

It appears the same can be said of the keyboard (as I'm typing this I am seeing this behaviour).

Using Win10 ethernet for server and MacOS Sierra wifi for client. Both SSL turned off (tried both on and off and no difference). Synergy is allowed through my windows firewall and using no third party firewalls on either machine. 

PlayingKarrde
11 minutes ago, PlayingKarrde said:

I just updated and to be honest the lag feels worse now. When I move my cursor to the client's screen I get about 2 or 3 seconds of lagless behaviour and then it lags like crazy. It might start working fine again 5 or 6 seconds later, then lags again. 

It appears the same can be said of the keyboard (as I'm typing this I am seeing this behaviour).

Using Win10 ethernet for server and MacOS Sierra wifi for client. Both SSL turned off (tried both on and off and no difference). Synergy is allowed through my windows firewall and using no third party firewalls on either machine. 

A restart of both server and client seems to have currently fixed my issue. Will report back if it becomes a problem again.

• Nick Bolton unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Nick Bolton locked this topic
  • Nick Bolton pinned this topic
  • Nick Bolton unpinned this topic