Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy not downloading/installing Bonjour

Go to solution Solved by Paul Suarez,

winrya1987

I tried to have Synergy install Bonjour for Windows 10 but it always locks up the program and never downloads/installs. This happens when I try to have my client (Windows 10) connect to my server (MacOS Sierra) and go through an auto config. I found a help article that sent me to this link to manually download it:

https://symless.com/bonjour/Bonjour64.msi

However, when I go to that link I get a Page Not Found error. Any and all help on this will be greatly appreciated!!!

TheAntiverse

I had the same problem too.  I gave up trying to get Bonjour to install and just left "Auto config" unchecked.  I still could not get the client to connect to the server (a Win 7 and Win 10 machine, respectively) until I went to the server, and clicked "Configure Server".  That brings up the tiles where you can place your computers.  I had to click the computer icon on the top-right, add it to an empty tile adjacent to my server, and give it the computer name; after doing that, then going back to the Client screen, I was able to connect fine.  Before you add the client to an empty tile, if you look at the logs you can probably see your client reaching out to the server (even from the server screen), but the server just keeps rejecting it if you haven't placed it in a tile yet.

winrya1987
1 hour ago, TheAntiverse said:

I had the same problem too.  I gave up trying to get Bonjour to install and just left "Auto config" unchecked.  I still could not get the client to connect to the server (a Win 7 and Win 10 machine, respectively) until I went to the server, and clicked "Configure Server".  That brings up the tiles where you can place your computers.  I had to click the computer icon on the top-right, add it to an empty tile adjacent to my server, and give it the computer name; after doing that, then going back to the Client screen, I was able to connect fine.  Before you add the client to an empty tile, if you look at the logs you can probably see your client reaching out to the server (even from the server screen), but the server just keeps rejecting it if you haven't placed it in a tile yet.

Yeah I saw the rejections coming through. I'll try configuring the server like that a bit later and I'll let you know how it goes. Did you do this with the pro version?

winrya1987
6 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @TheAntiverse. Please install v1.9.0 from this thread.

Hey Paul, 

This release worked great. Bonjour installed very quickly on my Windows 10 Machine. It still didn't completely auto configure though. I had to stop services on both client (Windows 10) and server (macOS Sierra), go into the server configuration, add a computer with the name of my client, and hit ok to close the server configuration. After that, I started the server, then the client, and everything worked great! I'm very excited to get working with Synergy. I've heard nothing but good things!

Paul Suarez
13 minutes ago, TheAntiverse said:

Awesome, thanks guys!

It's our pleasure @TheAntiverse. Please leave comments and suggestions on that thread. It'll greatly help us.

• Like 1
  • Paul Suarez locked this topic