Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy not working

I switched from Ubuntu to centos 7 today. The server used to be Ubuntu, now I am trying to use centos 7 as a server and client is my windows 7 laptop.

I keep getting a warning: failed to connect to server: Timed out

server: centos 7, Synergy version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2, wired

client: windows 7, Synergy version 1.8.6-stable-2ab21aa, wireless

i followed it step by step. it is working perfectly for ubuntu. but today i decide to change the operating system from ubuntu to centos 7 then my synergy just stop working.

Paul Suarez

Hi @Jasmine. Based on the screenshot, your client is not connected on the same network as your client. It should have an interface that'll start with 192.168.122.x. Also, please consider renaming both machines as Synergy does not support screen names with special characters (#, $. -. etc...)

I tried both of your method but it is still not working. I switch to Mint and it is working now. I was using the same machine, same network, simply just switch from Ubuntu to Centos. Now from Centos to Mint. I think it is the operating system, not the software itself. Thanks for the help though.

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

That'll depend. If port 24800 is being used by another program or service, then that would be a great choice. Have you tried it?