Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Error loading libssl.so.l.0.0

Hey guys, I just bought synergy basic, and I'm having a horrible time trying to get it to work on my kali linux laptop. I downloaded the 64bit debian version off the symless website and installed it using 'dpkg --install'. Clicking start gives three messages repeatedly:Ā 

/usr/bin/synergyc: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.l.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR: process exited with error code: 127

INFO: detected process not running, auto restartingĀ 

Any ideas on what to do? I've tried reinstalling synergy multiple times, and I've looked for the libssl.so.1.0.0 library, but all I could find was libssl.so.2.0 (or something similar).Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply

The v1.9.0 wouldn't even install--a bunch of messages telling me that I didn't have certain packages installed. In those packages was the libssl1.0.0, and like before, it says it is not available.Ā 

Sorry for the really late replay. I've had a problem with my laptop.

Okay, so originally I installed it using 'dpkg --install', then I uninstalled it andĀ tried everything it says to do on 'github.com/symless/synergy/wiki/Compiling' in the 'Unix and Linux' section. Everything executes okay until it gets to './hm.sh build [-d]'. It says:

/root/synergy/src/lib/net/SecureSocket.cpp: In member function ā€˜void SecureSocket::showSecureCipherInfo()ā€™:
/root/synergy/src/lib/net/SecureSocket.cpp:810:46: error: invalid use of incomplete type ā€˜SSL {aka struct ssl_st}ā€™
  STACK_OF(SSL_CIPHER) * cStack = m_ssl->m_ssl->session->ciphers;
                                              ^~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/crypto.h:31:0,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/comp.h:16,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:47,
                 from /root/synergy/src/lib/net/SecureSocket.cpp:27:
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:144:16: note: forward declaration of ā€˜SSL {aka struct ssl_st}ā€™
 typedef struct ssl_st SSL;
                ^~~~~~
src/lib/net/CMakeFiles/net.dir/build.make:134: recipe for target 'src/lib/net/CMakeFiles/net.dir/SecureSocket.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/lib/net/CMakeFiles/net.dir/SecureSocket.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:549: recipe for target 'src/lib/net/CMakeFiles/net.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/lib/net/CMakeFiles/net.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Going back to: /root/synergy
Error: make failed: 512

I also tried installing it using 'dpkg --install' again, and then I tried this workaround:

cd ~/.synergy/plugins
wget http://synergy-project.org/files/plugins/ns/1.0/Linux-x86_64-deb/libns.so

which doesn't work because I don't have a .synergy/plugins in the user, home, or root directory.Ā 

Guest Andrew Nelless

@Quentin Many distros have now moved to OpenSSL 1.1.0, and our packages will not install on them. Kali is based on Debian testing, which is one such distro.

Both Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and Debian Jessie, which I compiled the v1.9 RCs for, are still on OpenSSL 1.0.x

We still haven't decided which Linux distros were are officially supporting for which versions of Synergy. At the moment I'm thinking Debian Jessie for the old timers (these debs work on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS anyway), and the latest Ubuntu.

I figured out how to install the libssl1.0.0 library. You just have to go to hereĀ and install the library using dpkg --install. But now I've run into another problem. In the log, after I click start, it saysĀ 

Ā WARNING: failed to connect to server: No route to host

I tried disabling the firewall, but it didn't change anything. Any other ideas? Thanks

Edited by Quentin
Paul Suarez

Try connecting to 192.168.1.3 instead of that 192.168.56.1. Your client has 192.168.1.15 which is more likely to be on the same network as theĀ 192.168.1.3.

It works now!! Thanks!! Just wondering, why is it that 192.168.56.1 is bolded when it's not even the ip I'm suppose to connect to?

Paul Suarez
7 minutes ago, Quentin said:

It works now!! Thanks!! Just wondering, why is it that 192.168.56.1 is bolded when it's not even the ip I'm suppose to connect to?

Since that machine uses a Hybrid NIC, it'll consider the network adapter which first received a valid IP address as its default. Since your client machine is only connected to theĀ 192.168.1.x network, it would be able to communicate with the server on that same network as well.

• Paul Suarez locked this topic