Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Screen Lock Keeps Disabling Itself

n0b3dience

I recently purchased Synergy Pro and have been having issues with the "lock to screen" feature turning off on its own. My setup is as follows:

• Synergy Pro version: 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2
  • Server: Windows 10 (10.0.14393 Build 14393) desktop with a dual monitor setup.
  • Client 1: Ubuntu 16.04 - this is a machine I use as a media server so I typically don't use the monitor for it, but when I do I use the left-hand monitor from my Windows 10 machine. It is positioned in between the laptop screen and the server screen in the Synergy Server settings.
  • Client 2: Ubuntu 16.04 laptop - this is placed the furthest left in my setup.
  • In the server settings, I have the screens setup like this:

[Laptop] | [Media Server] | [Win 10 Desktop]

• My actual, physical monitors/screens are setup like this:

[Laptop screen (Ubuntu)]   [Monitor #1 (Win10-Server: left screen & Ubuntu screen]   [Monitor #2 (Win10-Server: right screen)]

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution or a workaround that anyone knows? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

MrShirls

I have been experiencing the same issue and I have a similar setup  My logs and conf are in another post .  This is currently a big annoyance for me, as I do not press scroll lock, except to "fix" the issue with Symless, so I do not know how it gets toggled and it happens rather often.

I wonder if it has something to do with an interaction with Excel. I have found that sometimes excel gets LOCKED into the mode where the cursor keys move the whole page instead of the active cell. This excel mode is also tied to the scroll lock key and I never experienced this issue until I started using Symless.

Edited by MrShirls