Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

how can you activate synergy as you boot your client pc or mac

I recently purchased synergy and love it however, I ran to few issues. I'm using pc keyboard and mouse that is connected to windows 10 pc as server. I installed synergy to both windows 10 pc and mac as client. I'm having issue when turn on my mac, keyboard will not work to let me type in my password login. That means, synergy is not running the background and/or active when boot the mack. how can I make synergy active as the mac turns on?

Paul Suarez

You can add Synergy as a login item, which requires you to login first. For you to be able to use before login, you need to register synergys/c with systemd first.

Paul, I added Synergy in login items however, when I start the mack, the mac login screen, keyboard and mouse of the server would not allow me to login.  The synergy will only auto start after I login to my mac.  Synergy should work as the mac is turn on.

Paul Suarez
On 5/17/2017 at 1:52 AM, Paul Suarez said:

You can add Synergy as a login item, which requires you to login first. For you to be able to use before login, you need to register synergys/c with systemd first.

Hi @Mak977. Sorry for the confusion. Please see the part above that I've set with bold letters. For Mac machines, we can only set it to auto-start on boot up and auto-connect after logging in.