Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

[LOCKED] Synergy loses ability to click in client

Guys - 

For some reason I cannot edit my last post, so after reading & thinking about it more since I posted above; please consider this post a replacement...

Being frustrated, I left this post alone for a while and used Input Director in the meantime.  As it's been over a month, I decided to check back to find that there still no newer version bringing potential sug fixes.

I read the post by Kelvin Tran and can understand that there are many things currently going on with any development.  However, if you look in the forums; this post/bug has far more replies & views than any other recent one.  I'm not saying there aren't other issues and am sure some are transparent, but don't understand what other ones would have a priority higher than one that so many users are posting about.

In my opinion, I'd much prefer that development on Synergy 2 stops until Synergy 1 is stable.  It's fine with me that 2 doesn't work correctly as long as I have a fallback and currently there isn't one.

I'd love to hear a response.  Thank You

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James Fee

• Paul Suarez

• BzowK

• jayvee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This only appears to happen in my work machine where i have Visual Studio installed an open most of the time, both machines are running windows 10 and both are connected via wired Ethernet. I have my

I should also mention that when the click stops working the keyboard does not.  i am typing this message on the client machine where the click has stopped working and i used keyboard commands to switc

This annoys me and happens almost every time I use my computer. After searching for a resolution I was sad to see this has been an issue for so long. Is it even listed as a known bug? have the devs ac

Posted Images

What don't you like about Input Director?

I haven't been worried about Synergy because I'm not where I can use effectively (location).

But when I do ... I assume from your post that Input Director is an adequate replacement except _________________.

Is that true?

Craig

Hey, Craig - 

I love Input Director.  The issue is that I have Linux systems too which it obviously doesn't work on not to mention I paid for Synergy. :)

Thanks

Ah Linux. I don't have that problem/luxury. 

I paid for Synergy just shortly before they announced the rollback/shuttering and offered a rebate. I should have taken it.

Despite all experiences, I remain an optimist.

Thanks for the response. I'll check out Input Director when I get back to Europe.

Craig

• Like 1
Kurt H - CO

I am new to Synergy but having the same sporadic problem with client not acknowledging mouse click . Cursor works, even keyboard input works but no mouse click. HELP.

Stopping and then starting the Synergy service (I don't remember its exact name) works as a workaround for me. If it doesn't help I'd recommend you to ask for a money back. They sell a defective product, this is not fair.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might have found something that actually makes this issue go away. Every time I reboot my Mac (Synergy client to Win 10 server), the Synergy UI comes up and typically I just close it. The last time I rebooted I just left the UI up but minimized (just forgot I guess). I haven't had the no-click-in-client issue since I rebooted...last week. It would happen constantly throughout the day.

I have been experiencing this issue since the last upgrade.  Stopping/Starting Synergy on the Server Computer corrects the issue which leads me to believe that the issue may be in when Synergy is firing on startup.

Tried multiple configurations on the server. The only thing i fixed is that is stopped making the error sound. It stop working after 5 clicks. Tried to uninstall last 3 windows updates, still happening.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 8/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, BzowK said:

This is obviously a big issue affecting many as it has more views & replies than any recent post.  Can we please get something going devs?

Thanks for your patience, we're aware of the issue. It currently affects a very small minority of users, but we do plan to fix it (when we manage to reproduce the bug reliably, which is proving very difficult as it's seemingly random).

8 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Thanks for your patience, we're aware of the issue. It currently affects a very small minority of users, but we do plan to fix it (when we manage to reproduce the bug reliably, which is proving very difficult as it's seemingly random).

Nick:  Simply joining a zoom.us webmeeting from a Windows10x64 synergy server will trigger the problem.  Does it for me 100% of the time.  

Good Afternoon - 

I experience it on every system I've tried it on yet.  Happy to submit any logs or even do a remote session for data capture if needed - just reach out.  Thanks

friendlyguy

Hi there!

Here is my +1: I`m experiencing this issue a LOT.
Server: windows 10, Clients: Windows 10 and Linux.
Server / client Version is: 1.10.0-stable-275cdc1c,
Linux-client is: 1.10.1-rc1-0badc0de (rly? bad c0de? :):):) )
Please don't go after the Version difference, it also happens without the Linux client!
I have a feeling it is related to elevated windows on the Server.
All windows clients have the "always elevated option enabled".
I kind of get the ability back to click on clients once i click on a non-elevated window on the server and move to the client back again.
Would really love to c this fixed!

Kind regards

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, Alexey Pilyaev said:

Hello

We are aware of the problem and plan to fix it. The info from this ticket has been added to our internal issue tracker system which will help us fix the problem. I'd like to give you an estimate on how long until it’s fixed, but I don’t want to over promise. I do appreciate how frustrating the problem is though.

@Alexey Pilyaev  Which issue is it? Could you paste the link? :)

• 3 months later...

#metoo

Running Window 10 Pro for Workstations on both machines.

Xeon processor on both.

Quadro on both. 

Hasn't worked for a few months. It's really annoying. 

Cursor moves, hover interaction works, cannot click. Haven't found a workaround. restarts. start/stops. closing tasks in task manager. Clicking all over the place. Nothing works. Useless software. Do not recommend. It's basically a scam at this point.

I have this problem every day on two Win 10 machines.  I can get the clicks to work sporadically by first clicking the desktop of the server before I move to the client machine.  That has been working less reliably since the Windows 1809 update.  This is really annoying.   

• 1 month later...

I had this problem for a day, check these forums, also what changed.

My solution was to uninstall newly installed Visual C++ Redistributable Library 2012 & 2013

Problem immediately resolved.

Good luck everyone,

@reto, did you uninstall C++ on the server or client machine?  My server machine is a work laptop which requires C++.  

Edited by J_Boyd
  • 2 weeks later...
synergyuser2019

Hi,

I am encountering this same issue. I just bought the product. As soon as I click anything on the client computer the mouse cursor jerks back to the server computer. On the client computer, I am able to right click and use the keyboard though. Please fix this.

This issue is here for years and devs just don't care about it at all. I think it's better to ask for refund. As soon as they lose the majority of customers, they could realize that this is not a minor issue. They sell an initially broken product. This is not right.

• 1 month later...
  • Kelvin Tran locked this topic