Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy/Paste between Win10 and Lubuntu does not work

I've just installed Synergy. But when I copy a small file and try to paste it on the other pc. This is not possible because  the file has disappeared. The Master pc  is running Windows 10 on a I7, the client is running Lubuntu 16.04.02 on a pentium M. When I copy a part of a text file to the clipboard, on the ohter pc I can open a textfile and paste this clipboard text in this file. So that is ok, but copy/past of a small file does not work. What can I do?

1 hour ago, Paul Suarez said:

@KoVe pasting of file in Linux is not implemented yet. Same goes as dragging and dropping of file for Linux.

Ok, thanks for your reply. You should mention it on your website, so we know it in advance , before we buy the product.

• 1 month later...

Just found some time to investigate the mentioned issue, cause it's really annoying.

But your answer @Paul Suarez is quite bad. I bought your software cause you're advertising with Linux, Win and Mac, but an essential feature is not working.

Can you tell us how the roadmap is to implement this? We really want to be able to drag'n drop between all 3 major systems.

Regards,

Michael

Paul Suarez

dragNdropnotforLinuxYET.PNG.eef5e1f1c77174a88a702ddc6212c52d.PNG

This is what we have on our website @normic. It's the keyboard and mouse sharing that we are advertising that works with Linux, Windows and Mac.

As shown on Drag and drop support for Linux #4170 open issue on our GitHub page, the enhancement is set to be launched in v1.10.

@Paul Suarez I must admit that I overlooked this Convenient icon.

But indeed I've read this: symless.png.c0c42ee2eeae73f43caadb20d1e2a971.png

Nevertheless, I'm glad that this is on your list and me and probably a lot others are excited to see your v1.10

Hi,

i'm glad too that this is on your issue list but anyway for a customer (like me) it's totally unclear and in transparent >:(

Before I bought the software I looked into the comparison list on your pricing site. And whoa there it is:

syn.png.2a837a2627acb91fa8782c1b756fe0e3.png

Big CHECK ... so I thought all platforms are supported.

A small appearing text when you scroll down which says (windows and mac only) ... for me thats not enough or better I'm feeling a little bit screwed.