Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Tempremental connection between Mac - 1.7.2

I keep getting connection problems between two Macs in 1.7.2. Sometimes the mouse moves between the two Macs no problems, sometimes it doesn't and there's no consistency in when it does or doesn't. Sometimes I'll hit the bottom of the screen and doing so will return the Server pointer to the centre of the screen while the Client pointer will move to the top. So the mouse briefly moves on the other Mac and is refused - the client Mac's mouse moves for a bit then is refused. As the Client error says, sometimes when I take back direct control of the Client mouse it's invisible. SERVER: INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: client "Mac-9cf387b5064a" has connected CLIENT NOTE: server fingerprint: 62:99:16:DD:B9:43:3E:DA:00:BD:E0:94:06:C3:40:4D:4A:DD:87:90 INFO: connected to secure socket INFO: server ssl certificate info: /CN=Synergy WARNING: cursor may not be visible NOTE: connected to server Setup: Mac Mini - server - 10.10.3 Macbook Air - client - 10.10.3 Thunderbolt connection between the two I have quit and restarted Synergy, rebooted the Macs etc. Thanks.
HERNAN ARBOLEDA
I update to 1.7.2 but my MacBookPro stop working good with Synergy and if I run client on Mac. If client on Mac is not working I can share mouse a keyboard on my Win XP and Ubutu. But if I run client on Mac all stop and I can not share mouse and keyboard. How Can I go back to a previous version? It was working perfect in all my computer and OS Win xp, Ubutu and Mac.
Returning to 1.6.3 didn't fix the problem. Still have issues in 1.7.2 - for instance I trusted the fingerprint when I reinstalled 1.7.2 but had my connection automatically refused. Never had any issues until 1.7.2 so suspect it's installed something that's an issue.
Steven Seiller
In 1.7.2, uncheck SSL in both client and server. This has proven to workaround the connection issue for many. This is supposed to be resolved in 1.7.3 sometime in the future.
Thanks, yes, I tried that after posting - so far no problems connecting so will leave it unchecked for now. As you say, hope they resolve it in the next release.